“Great lobster roll, huge live lobsters.”

Maine Lobster Outlet
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Great road trip topped off with a stop at the Maine lobster outlet. Huge live lobsters and made to order lobster rolls. Super nice staff and clean store. Great stuff.

There are newer reviews for Maine Lobster Outlet

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have gone by the Lobster Outlet many times and never noticed it. My wife noticed that they had lobsters for 2.99 perlb and make me stop. Well, we bought two 2 lb lobsters which were 14.00each and more than two lbs. They cooked them for us for the additional price of 1.00 each. When we got them home they were still warm and delicious. This place is great and to think they have been there 35 years with a retail store being open for 4 years and we never tried it. I am temped rather than go to some pricey lobster shack to go and buy a couple of 3 lb lobsters and eat them at a picnic table somewhere near the water!

2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This isn't really a restaurant--it's a place to stop and buy fresh seafood, frozen seafood from Maine, and freshly made excellent things to take out and eat,including a lobster roll they will make for you that is full of the freshest lobster you can find, just a dab of mayo, all on a traditional roll. I've had the lobster roll 3 times and it was consistently good. I think there are two sizes, but I had the smaller one and it was plenty big. On my last trip I also bought some Pemaquid oysters and a cooked lobster to have for dinner at home. The lobster was incredibly inexpensive and it had the flavor of a lobster that has just recently been brought from the sea --- not that sitting-in-the-tank off flavor. The oysters were also very clean and briny and plump, the kind you get at a good restaurant. I go out of my way to stop here. The manager, Gunnar Hagstrom, and his team are friendly and professional and do a great job.

1  Thank JeanBerkoG
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Sweet and succulent with just a touch of mayo on buttered, toasted roll. This is heaven. Just get the regular size.. It will fill you up. Easy to find - right on U.S. 1 in York, Maine. No seating but take a drive to the water/bridge and enjoy!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Family visiting from the South warranted a home cooked Lobster dinner and the Maine Lobster Outlet helped us out. The big drama over the dinner was making some clam chowder to accompany the lobster.My Aunt makes a great clam chowder BUT I convinced her that the time and the ingredients to make it at home for 10+ people is not worth. I suggested Maine Lobster Outlet's Calm Chowder to go and she went out and got it. In the meantime another part of the family was searching for the "right" lobster monger to buy the lobsters from. Communication is highly lacking in this family! Someone said go down to York Harbor bcause we saw the lobstermen unloading yesterday and they probably sell them off the boat! They don't and again The Lobster Outlet came through. The 1.5 pounders were just right. Full and sweet. Great with the Outlet's Chowder. They even steam them for you too for a hassle free, homemade(?) lobster dinner. Why stink up your house? I'll Have to drop in for the Lobster rolls to see how they rate among the competition in Kittery, York, Ogunquit.
I can't rate on "families w children" or "special occasions" because this is mostly a take out style eatery. But the family members who did the purchasing said that the service was very good especially when they told the cashier how many people were going to be at dinner and the suggested sale of clam chowder was enought for our family of 10!
A lobster dinner at home is far less expensive than eating out! A good guess would be round $10-11/person @ home! That is why I give the Lobster Outlet a $!