“Gorgeous Store!”

and up
Full Day Maine Lighthouse Trail Tour from Nashua NH
Ranked #1 of 7 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Owner description: You can smell the wafting of the sweet preserves from the parking lot or maybe it's ginger for one of the sauces. This is home for Stonewall Kitchen. Located just off 1-95 on Coastal Route 1-A in York, Maine are the: Home Offices, Production Facility, Company Store & Cafe and Cooking School. The welcoming environment of our Company Store is exemplified in the friendly staff ready to greet you, offer you samples of any of our specialty food items or assist you in picking out the ideal gift. The store features our entire line of specialty foods plus useful kitchen gadgets, cookware, tableware and home decor. Our demonstration kitchen is often cooking up something delicious to taste and is on-hand to share recipes and food for thought with you.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I know this product and have loved it for years. Now I got to visit the mothership! Wow! Loved seeing all the products and got to pick up some recipe cards in the process. It is truly an experience while in the York area.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Stonewall Kitchen provided a pleasant break on our way to Portland. it's an easy stop being located right next to the York exit on the Maine Turnpike and the York information booth. The shop is large with plenty of tasting samples of jams etc. It carries everything for the the kitchen that you've always wanted but didn't know you needed.They have plenty of Maine themed things like towels and coasters but the shop is also a great place to get high quality cooking tools and utensils to upgrade your kitchen. There is a cafe there with daily specials and the cooking classes are right next door. We were just stopping by but you should register ahead of of your visit if you want to check out the cooking classes.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a great place to sample before you buy......walked out with items for us and many gifts. Year supply of our favorite preserves, sauces and barbecue ketchup.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love this store - everything you could ever want from Stonewall Kitchen, but what makes this location the best is the cooking school. The class I attended was more of a demonstration (as most of them are) and it was terrrific. They, of course, use the SK products, but did not engage in a hard sell of the products. Although we got to sample how they enhanced the dishes because we got to eat what was prepared!
Most of the prep work is done ahead of time (because dishes need to be ready for the entire class) but what was done was informative, and I could see very clearly both straight on and from the overhead mirrors. The instructor and his sous team were great - very efficient but also patient - the instructor geared his class to the audience, answering questions about cooking techniques and best practices. I have just booked my second class and can't wait!
I highly recommend not only the store and cafe but also this school - worth the trip to York!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have been visiting for many years, and would not miss stopping on our yearly treks to York and Boothbay Harbor... loved the Strawberry Rhubarb Jam so much last year, I came back for a bigger jar this year. The Farmhouse Red Relish tasted good, so we purchased that, and we also purchased the Creamy Peanut Butter, and the Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam, both of which I cannot wait to try. They have so many samples to try before you buy, so you cannot go wrong. The staff is so friendly & helpful too... thank you for, once again, for making our visit enjoyable! See you in September (maybe sooner 'cause I saw a few things in the catalog you had at the checkout that I may want to try). Also purchased the Italian Wedding Soup mix, which I will make this week.