“Local gourmet samples are a special treat”
Review of Stonewall Kitchen

and up
Full Day Maine Lighthouse Trail Tour from Nashua NH
Ranked #1 of 7 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Owner description: You can smell the wafting of the sweet preserves from the parking lot or maybe it's ginger for one of the sauces. This is home for Stonewall Kitchen. Located just off 1-95 on Coastal Route 1-A in York, Maine are the: Home Offices, Production Facility, Company Store & Cafe and Cooking School. The welcoming environment of our Company Store is exemplified in the friendly staff ready to greet you, offer you samples of any of our specialty food items or assist you in picking out the ideal gift. The store features our entire line of specialty foods plus useful kitchen gadgets, cookware, tableware and home decor. Our demonstration kitchen is often cooking up something delicious to taste and is on-hand to share recipes and food for thought with you.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spotted Stonewall Kitchen's large facility as we turned North up the coast road in York, Maine. We decided to swing in and shop. The shop is like a East Coast version of Williams & Sonoma stores. Upscale packaging dresses their local specialty foods. Samples were available but not in abundance. Knowing now that they have Cooking classes at the York store, I would plan to attend one of these just to taste the menus. Prices were a little steep. It was fun to see a local product line with gourmet twist. We bought the Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam and followed their free recipe for pizza. It was delicious and has become a favorite.

For a nice stop in your travels Stonewall provided a nice place to spend a little time.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Every time I visit, I see the cooking school. I finally took a class on 11/28 and can't wait to go back. I had an enjoyable lunch while watching a chef prepare the entree. Chef Irish and the team were entertaining and informative. Flat screens TVs make viewing experience easier. Opportunities to ask questions and win jars of jam. Coffees, tea and water provided. Beer and wine at additional cost. Enjoy a 10% discount on purchases in cooking school store on the day of class.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just love shopping at Stonewall Kitchens. I shop there at least a couple times a month. Decided to try the lunch which always smells amazing! I didn't know the process of looking at food then ordering at the end. After waiting for what seemed like forever (probably 3 minutes) I finally interrupted one of the 6 people buzzing around behind the counter to ask specific's about what I saw behind the glass.
Never was it mentioned that I needed to order at the register.
After 5 minutes I was literally yelled at to move down the row and order my meal. I found this an interesting turn of events. A gentlemen standing next to me said out loud "Well I guess customer service isn't important here and it's all your fault for not knowing what to do". I had to laugh. The woman behind the counter proceeded to tell me that there was a sign explaining what to do. I never saw it.
So after lunch I went over to see where the sign was. There it was. Next to the register on the side sat a small sign saying please place your order at the register. Would have been nice to see that from the direction I entered the area - but I didn't. Needless to say I was entertained by this woman who obviously hates her job and likes to take it out on customers. I had a wonderful meal - Stonewall should do something about the woman behind the counter - she is not nice.
After spending about $15 for lunch and over $200 in the store I think they could do better to find people who like their job and enjoy working with people.

Stonewall K, Public Relations Manager at Stonewall Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your honesty and your review. We have passed it along to our Cafe Manager and sincerly apologize. Our customer service is just as important to us as the taste and quality of our products and we want to make sure we are providing the very best at all times. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch and your shopping experience and hope that you will join us again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

When I'm on vacation my husband and I don't normally do stores or shopping, but this was an "exceptional exception". They had samples everywhere throughout the well designed store and all of them were delicious. There were some combination of flavors for sauces or jams that I had never heard of, or would have thought of, that surprised me with how tasty they were. Kitchenware, gadgets and food, it was all of the highest quality. When we go back to Maine, this will definitely be one of our stops

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well, I was a newbie and since I live no where near I had never heard of this place, but now I will not forget it. The main store is loaded with fun and interesting food, treats and equipment for the kitchen. Take your credit card because you will find plenty of appealing products and gift items. Plus there is a deli and a cooking school.