“Great Price but beware of ORBITZ, Book thru the Hotel Website”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Hotel had recently opened when we stayed there. No air conditioning and worker had left pliers and screwdriver on floor of room. Hotel staff still left us there. Night Mgr had no idea what she was doing, was new and charged us for the room, even though her computer showed we had prepaid. I had to call the Microtel HQ to get my money back. NOTE: I booked this hotel thru ORBITZ for $106 but was charged by the hotel for $76. I complained to ORBITZ and they said "Our policy is not to refund any difference because if the price had gone up, we would not have charged you for it." Nice room, OK breakfast, staff on duty in morning knew their jobs. So now, I call the hotel chain directly or book online with the hotel website, not the middleman.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed July 14, 2009

This is the second time my DH and i stayed @ this hotel and we were very happy with our stay again. We stayed at the Beachmere Inn in Ogunquit for the 4 days previous to our stay @ the Microtel and we were happier with this room than the more expensive hotel! The only drawback to this hotel is the location (but if you are looking for something right off I95, this would be great). The traffic noise is quite prominent. We stayed in a queen suite and the room was very clean, a good size, and the bed very comfy. The staff was also very nice and accomodating. Good free breakfast. We will most likely stay here again when we travel back to Maine in August.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I had to stay in a hotel because my home in Ogunquit had extensive water damage while I was in Florida. I stayed in a suite, which was very large and clean. My 13 day stay there was most enjoyable The desk people, Paula, her daughter, and Janet (I think that was her name) were always so pleasant and helpful. They made me feel as though I was at home.
I skipped the breakfast except for the coffee and orange juice. Motel/hotel included continental breakfast is just not for me, but I know lots of people love to get it because it is free
Thanks to the desk staff for making me feel like I was at home while I was away from home..

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My boyfriend and i stayed here for our first anniversary together. It was no honey-moon suite, but we were looking for a quiet place to stay near the beach which was clean. The room was spotless, the blankets and bed were VERY comfy and soft, the bathroom immaculate. Flat screen TV with digital channels, small deska nd 2 night stands. Very nice room. Breakfast was good and FREE. not a huge assortment, but considering it was free, it was very good. fresh baked cookies were offered at the front desk throughout the day. the only thing i didn't like about this hotel was how far it was from the beach. i had to drive and i was looking forward to a walk to the beach. That was my own fault for not researching it though. Very close to the shopping outlets and the zoo. very nice hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We booked the Microtel to get away and relax. The staff were all very freindly and very helpful and enthusiastic. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi as we were there during a snow storm. The suite was a good size and very clean.We loved the continental breakfast and the idea of having fresh coffee available always. We would stay here again as it was very affordable. a1patti

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Really enjoyed this hotel- stayed for one night as we were passing through the area. So nice to have such a nice new, smoke-free hotel. The rooms are lovely- not large but very well equipped & well furnished with modern decor. Nice to have the M/w & fridge. The pool is very nice & the breakfast was very well done with lots of different choices- boiled eggs, make your own waffle, bagels,toast, fresh fruit etc.
It was a little difficult to find the hotel near the corner where it is located- sits behind some other buildings with not much signage. Lots of restaurants & stores nearby. Located very close to I-95 & just a few miles to Kittery.
I will defintely stay the the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Just returned from a girls weekend shopping in Kittery, ME. Microtel was great. The rooms were adequate and CLEAN!!! We had one handicapped accessible room and it was wonderful for the individual who needed it. Plenty of room to manuver around the room and in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, the hard boiled eggs were a bit overdone, but oh well. The pool looked great, but we didn't swim. It would be great for a family with young children because the enterance to the pool was a gentle slope until about 12" deep where the stairs are located. Overall, a wonderful stay, and inexpensive too!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Coachman Inn
Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!