“Clean, new, comfortable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in York
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The good:
- The off-season rates were wonderful
- Staff was awesome
- Room was comfy
- Free breakfast
- When I returned to to do work and my room was not yet cleaned, the front desk staff did it for me immediately
- Great location

Room for improvement:
- Notify guests when housekeeping is going to occur. I typically went out in the morning and returned 12-1 pm to do work with my room not cleaned.
- "Less than a gentleman" laughed at me at breakfast when I spilled my coffee due to my physical impairment. However, I suppose the hotel cannot screen for jerks or bullies.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was going to York to the annual Christmas weekend. I was very impressed on how clean and nice the hotel was. The gentleman that was at the desk when we checked in was fantastic! I was going with friends and asked if they had adjoining rooms to make it easier for our kids and they were more than happy to accommodate our request. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed December 25, 2013

we are planning on staying again. Very nice place and close to a great place to eat. The food there was wonderful. Also close to 95.Easy to find and the service was great. Nice rooms and bed are great there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berna04401
Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend. The pros of this hotel: There is a free breakfast buffet which is OK. There is a pool, which little kids seem to enjoy. The beds are comfortable. The cons: Even though we put our Do Not Disturb sign on our doorknob, my husband and I were repeatedly disturbed by the cleaning staff. Despite their efforts to get into the room while we were there, however, they never cleaned the room while we were gone. We had to call to get clean towels brought to us. Our family booked 3 rooms and the cleaning staff didn't service any of our rooms. Also, there was lukewarm to cold water for our showers in the mornings. Some of our family members showered at night and had no problems with the water, but they ran out of hot water in the mornings.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Coachman Inn
Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!