“Stayed twice, nice location”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in York
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of May and I did returned there in July. This hotel has a nice location is the southern maine to visit Kittery, the Yorks, Ogunquit, Wells and so on...

The pool is very nice for kid. The included breakfest is a nice upgrade too even if it's often overcrowded there. The rooms are large enough for a family of 4. It's not a 5 stars, but it do delivers what you need for your vacations.

The downside is I think it's a bit overpriced for what it can delivers. Also I have some doubt about the cleanliness of the hotel since someone in my party found hairs in its bed and that my 2 year old kid found unindentified pills (yes) on the floor of our room. The lobby did apologize for the pills, but to me it was the kind of apologize a kid make when he doesn't really care.

1  Thank Jean-François N

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Super nice hotel I booked through NRA member services. Everything was superb except the thoughtless loud guests that ran up and down the hall stomping and talking loudly until 2AM but this is no fault of Microtel. I highly recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I loved staying at this hotel and so did my ten-year old twins. The hotel is set back a bit from route 1, so it feels a bit sheltered from the traffic noise of route 1. The entrance lobby is clean and bright, modern and pleasant. The hotel rooms are intelligently designed to maximize function in a one-room space. The decor is also brightly colored (sunny yellow and a crips natural-looking green) and tastefully modern, with built in furniture giving the room an airy feel. There is a kitchenette with built in refrigerator, microwave and sink, a coffee pot, and a a bar with two barstools perfect for snacks or simple meals. The flat screen TV is over a long built-in desk with two seats and drawers in between, so that you can see the TV either from the bed, or from the adjacent sofabed. The bed and sofabed are separated by a translucent partial wall, so that those sitting in the sofa feel a sense of shelter and privacy from those in the bed, without blockage of light or airflow. This is a perfect arrangement for parents traveling with small children. The sofa bed is suitable for children. Mine were happy sleeping on it, but I rested on it one afternoon and found the mattress pretty lumpy and worn. I don't think an adult would be comfortable sleeping on this particular type of soafabed. My children loved the cushioned window seat with backrest, and one of them wanted to sleep on it over night. It was long enough for a child, and almost wide enough, too. Over the six nights we stayed there, the room was comfortable and lived well. Finding places to store your belongings might be a challenge depending on the season and the length of your stay. The closet was very small by American standards, not a built-in closet by the door where most American hotels have it, but tucked in by the bedroom area. Since we were on a beach vacation and didn't have heavy winter things, the small closet was adequate, but it could be a problem trying to hang four winter coats in there. Also, the trash cans in the room are quite small, and the kitchenette does not have shelving for your supplies of snacks. the only dressed in the room had only two drawers and a shelf. This was fine for three people who had packed mostly bathing suits but could be a problem for four people in winter. The hot breakfast was terrific. There are two waffle makers with pre-measured waffle mix, and the waffles are easy to make and delicious. There's a nice selection of popular cereals, a bowl of yoghurts, bowls of fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, and assorted muffins and bagels. Every day we were there, a different attendant kept the breakfast bar clean and neat. The pool area was great for kids to play. The pool was warm and the jacuzzi was hot. There are bathrooms for changing near the pool. If there is anything to complain about, and this is minor, the decor around the pool area seemed a little plain and uninspired. Some diesign ideas and a can of paint could do wonders to make this space more inviting, but all in all this is a minor issue. We loved staying at this hotel. I booked well in advance and got a great rate, which, figuring the great breakfast, made it cheaper to stay here than to rent our own apartment. Did I mention the in-room climate control, and high functioning air conditioning? We stayed in York during one of the few weeks in the year when this mattered a great deal. We had a terrific time at this hotel, and we will definitely be going back. I found this easier and more pleasant than booking our own apartment or cottage for the week. My kids enjoyed a dip in the pool afer a day on the beach or out traveling, and I appreciated starting the day with someone else getting breakfast ready. We will definitely be going back!

This hotel is conveniently located off exit 7 of the Maine turnpike, making it an easy drive to many attractions, including Long Sands Beach, York Village, York Animal Kingdom, Kittery.There's a Rite Aid next door, a Hannaford's downt he block, and several restaurants within a short drive.

Room Tip: The trash cans in the room are small. Pack your own kitchen-sized trash bags if you plan to bring t...
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We are 2 senior couples from UK touring the New England states.
We had Microtel Inn & Suites at York Beach recommended to us and found the hotel a pleasant place to stay and excellent value for money.
The staff were always helpful and were suggested several good restaurants to dine.
If I have to report a negative it is that the location of the hotel swimming pool caused a number of the public areas and the lift to be often wet due to people trailing water from the pool into the
hotel without drying off first.
In summary we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at the Microtel in York, Maine last November for a 3 day weekend around Veteran's Day. This hotel was great. Nice location for all local attractions. Room with 2 queen beds was very comfortable and clean. The refrigerator and microwave were nice to have and the free breakfast was great. Good choices. We were very happy with this hotel and have recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

First time in a Microtel hotel and we will be back. We had 2 rooms both clean and comfortable. The rooms had a microwave, small refrig and nice beds. The free breakfast was a great deal with good choices.

The pool was a lot of fun and indoors which can be good if you are swimming but hot if you are not. The hot tub couldn't be used because if you put the jets on it caused a foam.

Easy trip to York Beach or NH. Good location.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and our daughters for 3 nights and 4 days while vacationing in York. We loved it. It was clean and the room was a great size (we had 2 queen beds with tub, microwave and fridge) The breakfasts in the morning were great and my girls loved the waffle bar. The staff was friendly and helpful with tips on shopping in Kittery and the easiest way to get to the beach. They were able to honor my request for a ground floor room because of the kids. Great place for a great value. We booked online and got a great rate!!

Room Tip: Ground floor room was a plus with little kids
1  Thank momofbeachbums
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!