“Too expensive” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muddy Rudder Restaurant

Muddy Rudder Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Muddy Rudder Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Owner Matthew Witham are proud and excited to invite you to The Muddy Rudder Restaurant. Matt's vision of providing guests with exceptional food, coupled with impeccable service, has materialized on the picturesque coastline of Maine.
Latta, South Carolina, United States
“Too expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by our hotel clerk. This restaurant was just down the road from our hotel. The food was not aweful but was way overpriced. I ate alot better for cheaper while I was in Maine. I will not go back here on my next trip to Maine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Half full dining room, disinterested waiter who never told us the specials, sloshed my beer, nearly spilled my plate as he reached across wife and her food to give me mine instead of walking around. No water, no check in, passed the table numerous times, eyes down as if to avoid contact. Save your money, or got some place where service matters.

1 Thank Pacca9087
Brunswick, Maine
“Service down hill since last visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The service at the bar and lounge area is still very good as are the happy hour specials. House wines, and beer are $3 as are a good selections of yummy appetizers. And the wine is a really generous pour.
My friend and I had some really bad service. The waiter forgot her chowder, brought it after we had to remind him, left us without anything to drink for most of our meal and when we finally got his attention to tell him we were out of drinks and that the chowder had not come out he barely gave us the time to finish our sentence, and acted totally put out with us. We are NOT high maintenance people. The service we had was so bad we just chuckled. It was not until the bill came and I guess he remembered his income is tip based that he became nice. OH and the best part was that my meal was given to the table next to us! The waiter then realized the mistake, told the person he gave it to that he had given them the wrong meal and took it back to the kitchen. Then I got it. The fish was not right out of the pan as it should have been, and did the person at the next table take a bite out of it? What happens to meals that go to the wrong table and then back out to the kitchen? I don't know and maybe don't want to! It was a major service blunder. The fish would have been good, had it been hot and directly from the kitchen to me, not to the table next to me, back to the kitchen and back to me. SOOOO it will be a while before I go back, if at all, other than for happy hour. Muddy Rudder...improve your service, hire more staff, do whatever you need to because bad service will end people going back to your restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
North Yarmouth, ME
“What will they do when it gets busy?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

SIGH... Through out the winter, the Ruddy has been efficient and attentive. Tonight for some reason it seemed busier than usual and it showed in the service. Personally like the bartenders but they were harried. "First course" took MUCH longer than it should have and main meal didn't get there in much better of a time. Then my fries were underdone (but my husband's weren't). The chicken in my sandwich was tough/chewy and "burned"...
I guess we won't be going there during the high tourist season!

1 Thank Nanci L
Woolwich
“super menu, and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

adequate free parking, great atmosphere, and the food is wonderful . The staff is polite, thoughtful and very helpful.

Visited November 2012