“Defines eating local”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I started with a honey margarita, to die for, followed by the best veggie burger (request feta cheese on top!) I have ever had with perfectly seasoned hand cut fries. It was such a wonderful meal, fresh and local ingredients. Pleasant staff and fun atmosphere, a little loud but my whole family loved their meals, meat eaters included.

1  Thank islandessentials

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Amazing ambiance and decor make you feel like you stepped into a rustic bistro. From the homemade soda (try the mint!) to the super creative drink list, Gather delivers across the board. The menu ranges from comfort to modern, and I highly recommend the salmon with the fresh pea purée. We finished our delightful meal off with the "s'more" dessert -- topped with a huge homemade marshmallow!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been wanting to check out Gather as I have read several reviews, so my partner took me there for my birthday dinner. Loved the vibe of the place....the big long refurbished table upon entering the room, to the open kitchen up on the stage. The building is really cool! We started with the fresh baked WARM BREAD (I love it when the bread is warm!) and spiced dipping oil. Ordered Grandfathers Clam fritters and they were delicious! I ordered the special.... ramen noodles with bacon and sausage, fiddle heads and asparagus in a broth. Interesting and delicious. My partner ordered Bang Island mussels as her entree along with a side order of rosemary fries. She was amazed by the taste of the robust mussels, however disappointed in the lackluster flavor of the rosemary fries. For dessert, I had the cookies and milk......again interesting and delicious. The service was excellent. Overall, we had an enjoyable experience, and we feel that we have found a new place to Gather.

1  Thank CJnLG
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had an excellent dinner. Great service and good food. reasonably priced. We walked by the owner as we left...we could have stumbled over him...never said thank-you or go to hell.. an acknowledgment would have been nice!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have eaten at Gather a few times and we really like it. It's got a very open feel, and the food is awesome. It starts with bread that has lovely peppery olive oil for dipping. It's easy to fill up on that. Don't miss the appetizers. They always have one kind or another of fritters and they are so good. My husband had the Crab Cake and it was lovely - great presentation too. The pizzas are great and plenty for one. Their main dishes are good too.
The menu features local and healthy foods. That's another reason we love it. It's not a huge menu, but there's enough on it for everyone to find something...including kids. There are always a fair number of specials, and a good selection of craft beers too. The wine selection isn't great, though.

The only drawback is that the acoustics are a little lacking. It's loud and can be tough to hear. That's not enough of a drawback to worry about though. Sit at the bar and you'll be right next to each other! I highly recommend Gather.