“Occasionally good, but inconsistent.”

Montsweag Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Woolwich
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We've been to this establishment a few times. The first time we were wowed by the fried calamari (with pepperocini, not marinara, like so many others serve). The steaks and burgers were nicely done as well. The second time we were back there the calamari was still good (as were the fried pickles) but the steaks were overdone. The third time the service was the worst we've seen, despite being relatively empty. It's a hit or miss.

There are newer reviews for Montsweag Roadhouse

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The food is really good, it is a causual relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stopped in on a Saturday at lunch time. We wondered if they were open as there were only a few cars in the parking lot. Sat at the downstairs bar. They had an industrial fan next to the bar on the floor and the windows were open. Between the street noise and the fan it was very loud and not enjoyable. Food took a long time to arrive. Steak quesadilla was very good. Cobb salad was good, albeit not very large. Cocktails are expensive and not very strong. Might try them again for dinner another time.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I must say the dinner I had last night here was the worst in a long time. The fish was not fresh. I am not sure what the fish was fried in but it left a bad after taste. The cole slaw was soggy and had a cheese taste to it.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was there for a birthday party. Aside from having lots of fun, I had dinner at the bar and a soda. I had the standard cheeseburger. I enjoyed every bite. nice portion.. very good taste. One of the best things is that they are open late and in an area that most food places are closed after 9... there is still one good choice!