“A casual dinner with formal prices”

Le Garage Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Full service, casual restaurant overlooking the Sheepscot River
Wiscasset, Maine
“A casual dinner with formal prices”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I love Le Garage! I have had dinner there a number of times and I am always pleased. We had shrimp stew for an appetizer and each of us had a different meal. I don't remember what all of the meals were for the four of us. My wife had Salmon, my friend had Steak Tips and I had the Crab Cakes. Four of us with drinks and meals left the place comfortably full, relaxed and content. If you are looking for a cheap night out... not here... you pay for what you get and we enjoyed it! We will keep returning... this is one on the list where the "locals" go.

• Visited June 2012

Bristol, Maine
“So So”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stopped in without reservations, and it was nearly empty. They wanted to seat us in the inner part of the restaurant, when there were tables open by the windows. We asked and the did seat us by the windows. I ordered the Vichyssoise to start. It was pureed to foamy and had absolutely no taste. I was disappointed, as I enjoy this soup. The rest of the dinner was OK. I am in no hurry to return.

Visited July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, location, and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Had a great meal at this quiet restaurant on the river. Sirloin tips were well seasoned and delicious; sea scallops were also very good. All food was hot and nicely presented. Service was pleasant and attentive. ( A few points off, though, for her very soiled uniform this time. ) View is peaceful and pretty. Fresh baked pie for dessert was delicious! I'd definitely visit again!

• Visited April 2012
california
“Oysters”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great oysters good price. Martinis priced to high:-)

Visited January 2012
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“A great place to relax with a good meal and a great view”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We love Le Garage as a place to relax before the long drive home. It is friendly and attractive, with local fare and traditional New England favorites. The bar is excellent (a proper Sazerac!) and the menu offers light dishes as well as heartier fare.