“Good”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Full service, casual restaurant overlooking the Sheepscot River
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We missed out on the homemade pies, sounded like they were really good hearing the description to the next table over.

Seafood prepared well, but a tad expensive, as if they knew we were tourists.

5  Thank VTer4000

Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is our second time at this restaurant, and the food was top-notch, the service was friendly, and the views were great. In particular, I remember a grilled corn special that I ordered as an appetizer (it was corn week at the restaurant) and it was among the best corn on the cob I have had.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

While visiting Boothbay Harbor my husband and I were looking for a nice "sit down" meal one night and checked out reviews for this place on trip Advisor and Yelp. It looked pretty good so we went for it. The inside of the place is pretty cool. It has been diffferent businesses over the years but the charm of the original buidiling is intact.

The view out onto the water is soothing and quite beautiful. We had an early dinner so were lucky enough to get a table in the sunroom.

The food was good. Not exceptional. I had oysters on the half shell as an app and my husband had french onion soup. For our main course we both had the lobster dinner which came with salad, boiled red potatoes and corn. The oysters were delicious. I'm a sucker for 'em. As for the soup I was told it was OK. The Lobsters were cooked perfectly as were the potatoes but the corn, eh...overcooked, but whatever, we surely weren't there for the corn nor did we need it with all that food.

I would go back. The food was better than average and, I must say that the salad dressing were also delicious. All of them are homeade.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We came for lunch on August 10, 2011 (Wed.). The view is always wonderful rain or shine and the egrets and heron kept us entertained while we waited for our meal...and waited...and waited. Their new menu offers New England Chowder which is basically clam chowder and it had curdled...but it tasted good. With the chowder I had a half chicken salad sandwich which came with a demi salad. It was a satisfying meal, but nothing to write home about. My husband had a Reuben Sandwich and the meat was tough. He complained and the girl shrugged. No apology, no replacement, no interest in retaining a customer. We had no beverages, only ice water and the tab was $20.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Over the years this restaurant has been one of our favorite places, but not now. Upon entering the restaurant, we learned that they have a new menu and new chef. We were assured that we could order one of our old favorites, stuffed filet of sole. After we sat down, however; we were told that we could not order this old favorite not on the present menu! We were told that the new chef prepared wonderful Swedish bread and meatballs which we decided to try. The bread was very good, but we were only offered one slice of bread and the meatballs were expensive $13 for only about eight small meatballs which included a small portion of mashed potato The meal was certainly not worth what we paid. The portions were small and the new menu was disappointing. With so many good restaurants in the area, we decided that we would probably not return. It was just too expensive for something, that is not that expensive to make. We left hungry, since there were very small portions.We are not overweight people and do not eat huge portions, but the portions were just very small.

1  Thank swedejaxfla