“So good we went twice!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Atlanta, GA
“So good we went twice!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Great seafood in a very casual setting! The lobster roll was delicious - toasted bun and overflowing with moist and tender lobster meat - lots of big pieces and not too much mayo. My husband ordered fried clams the first visit and the mixed fried platter the second time. The food is breaded and fried to order - you can watch them prepare your basket while you wait. The platter was HUGE - really could feed two people. No plates or silverware and we ate at a picnic table in the shade near the parking lot, but this is DELICIOUS FOOD!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank VZAtl

New Brunswick
“Not bad, had worse”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Arrived with friends around 7pm , the place was packed,we waited around 10 minutes to order and about another 20 minutes to receive our meal. More than one were complaining they did not receive the right orders. We were able to get a booth unlike many after us. My wife and I shared the mixed basket and our friends had the haddock basket. The positives - very well prepared , large portions,lots of shrimp. The negatives - The drinks were watered down and like other have stated , I couldn't believe they didn't have home made tartar sauce!! You have to wait in line , pump it, it's warm,and they only provide one ounce thimbles. For the price that we paid for the meal you would think they would have quality tartar sauce for their seafood. That along with the wait would make me think twice about retuning.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank keeperof4
indianapolis
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We visited this restaurant after finding it in a guidebook. It is way over-priced for what you get. They had a special- fish roll, haddock soup, and a small drink $9.99. We purchased this plus a crab roll for another $9. The soup was like water, the fish roll was fried popcorn shrimp on a kaiser roll- nothing else, the drink was the smallest cup I've ever seen and the crab roll was tasteless and didn't contain much meat.

Visited June 2011
Wiscasset, Maine
“I'm a local, and I won't recommend it...”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I live in the area and have been to sea basket three times now and I'm still not impressed. I just recently went with my husband and we bother order fried haddock sandwiches. The Haddock didn't taste fresh, the batter isn't really a traditional batter but it was alright, and the potato wedges where burnt on the out side and still hard on the inside. AND they don't even make their own Tartar sauce?! that just screams wrong, think about it, it's a fried seafood joint that doesn't even make they're own tartar sauce something so easy to make but they don't. I feel like the tartar sauce seals the deal in a fried haddock sandwich. Not to mention when we got our food the sandwiches had absolutely nothing on them no cheese no lettuce, no tomato, it would have been nice to know so that we could have asked for it, but usually fish sandwiches come with lettuce and tomato.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Juno05
Ashburn, VA
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Visited here in the off season and was excited for some good seafood. The Lobster roll was bland and tasteless. The only saving grace was the crab cakes were quite good even though they were probably frozen and not homemade.

Visited March 2011