“Wish I could have every meal here!”
Review of Sarah's Cafe

Sarah's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Sarah's is just wonderful. We stopped here for lunch on the way to Boothbay Harbor for the weekend, and fell in love with the food and atmosphere here after deciding not to wait in the ridiculously long line for Red's across the street. The "soup bar' is divine - three delicious soups to choose from, along with an abundance of homemade breads and focaccias! I ordered the #33, the lobster sandwich with the soup bar. The lobster sandwich was different than a typical lobster roll (lobster "salad" rather than whole chunks of meat), but was delicious. The honey oat homemade roll it was served on was the best part of the meal! Try the haddock chowder on the soup lineup - it was yummy.
On the way to our table, we passed the pie case, and I was mesmerized - the pies were beautiful. We were full after lunch and couldn't find room for pie but we loved Sarah's so much we drove back from Boothbay that night for dessert! The Apple Cranberry pie with crumb topping was the best I ever had (and I've had a lot of pie!), and my wife's Apple Blueberry was equally top shelf. We highly recommend Sarah's for lunch or dinner, and especially for all the baked goods. Can't wait to come back!

There are newer reviews for Sarah's Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2008

We've been going to the location of the fisherman's co-op "restaurant" (term used liberally as it's really a shack with waterfront tables) since long before it was Sarah's Dockside. It was previously leased by other people and even sat idol, but the freshest and most affordable waterfront seafood could always be had every summer here. Summer of 2007 Matt and Clayton, sons of Sarah (Sarah's in Wiscasset) took over this operation, and the quality of the food and the place just keeps getting better.

The approach keeps simple tourists away as everyone but repeat guests will be sure they are lost until they take the last right hand bend on the dirt road that is Moore's Turnpike and view the water and if the lobster traps aren't in the way, Sarah's Dockside.

The in the rough eatery sits on Gotts Cove and has a dock for boats, and freshly painted picnic tables, and now a shade structure. BYOB or buy a soda there. The scallops are the freshest I've ever tasted, and just lightly battered and seasoned. The onion rings are peppery, the clams have real bellies, and the view cannot be beat.

Here you'll be away from the crowds, and surely meet local Mainers and fisherman, Be sure to order the scallops!

Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stopped in Wiscasset- 6-3-08- for lunch on the way to Camden.

We both had Haddock fillet sandwiches. My wife wisely held the cheese on hers. Mine had an excess of cheese, which I left on the plate. Otherwise, the fish was fresh, tender and nicely breaded. Her side of fries were good, home steak-style fries, bountiful and crisp on the outside. My new potato salad side was fresh tasting but only a spoonful.

Service was slow.

Reviewed April 27, 2008

Really enjoyed our dinner here, we were a party of six, seated right away, the waitress was super friendly (wish I had gotten her name) and seemed to really like her job. The food was really good, the portions were huge, we couldn't finish them. Will certainly go back again. When in Wiscasset- give this place a try, I think you'll be quite happy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 7, 2008

It's good, the food takes forever but it's good food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook