“WOW! Just... WOW!”

Golden Wok
Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've driven by this restaurant a thousand times, but never believed you could get really good Chinese food from a little hole in the wall in Wiscasset. I could not have been more wrong. This is some of the freshest, best prepared and best tasting Chinese food I've had in a long time. Crab Rangoon was different than I've ever had, but was excellent. Lo Mein was really well done. Egg Rolls were small but cooked to perfection. All in all, between my wife's order and mine, we didn't find one thing we didn't absolutely love! Don't drive by... stop in!

2  Thank Fish4Stripers

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. Both sit down and to take out. The egg foo young chicken and vegetables have always been fresh. Well you can find better choices 30 to 40 minutes away this is a decent place to sit down and get a quick meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing . We can walk to it and on both visits we said "never again". The same gloppy sauce on most dishes, overlooked and poor quality food. Go to the other place near Big Al's !!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Coastal Maine is not known for its Chinese restaurants, however, the Golden Wok turned out to be a little gem. We had the House Special Lo Mein, the House Fried Rice and Beef with Broccoli. The food was delicious with plenty of meat, shrimp and a great selection of vegetables in each dish. The portions were also very generous. We will be back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We love Chinese food but we are from Florida and it doesn't exist in that state. Having lived for many years in the Boston area we have been spoiled by a multitude of good Chinese restaurants. I have a theory that it is impossible to get good Chinese food outside of a 75 mile radius of an established Chinatown. The Golden Wok puts out an unusually good product considering it is on the coast of Maine. Angela had the steamed shrimp and I had the Hunan beef. Both good with the usual accompaniments. Try it if you are sick of lobsters and fried clams.