“Just plain bad!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Where the locals eat
Description: Where the locals eat
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Firstly, check out the rave reviews on this place. The first four are all local and first time reviewers. With over 170 reviews published that always worries me!..I summer only a few miles away and pass this place about every day. We have now visited twice and found the fried clams and scallops to be covered in heavy batter and probably the worst we have ever had in Maine. This is a trailer in a parking lot on Rt. #1 just before entering Wiscasset if you are headed North. The service is OK, and it is reasonably clean. Staff is friendly! Strictly a takeout operation but they have a few picnic tables in the muddy yard. If you want good fried clams I would suggest Schutty's in Bath on the Old Bath Road. Avoid this place!

1  Thank gardner34285
Sea Diggers G, Manager at Sea Diggers Grub, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

This person should have returned his/her meal and took advantage of our money back satisfaction guarantee..... twice??

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have tried the onion rings, French fries, steak, pastrami, chicken basket, grill cheese, grill cheese and tomato, grilled chicken, sweat potato fries, and the list goes on, I can not eat sea food but boy if I could, I defiantly would try from Sea Diggers Grub. Always stop on Saturday nights after the races in Wiscasset along with other fans and racers, open late, you an call ahead! Just delish, Thank you for such great food and service Sea Diggers Grub! 2013.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped by to try the onion rings and fried pickles - what can I say? Amazing. From what I hear, the batter is a "secret recipe". Give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

Local in Bath