“Toast of the town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Miss Wiscasset Diner
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new ownership. We are open 7 days a week from 5am-2pm. Breakfast served all day. All meals are home made and large portions served.
Plainfield
“Toast of the town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I a fan of diners. I liked this one. Good omelette with LOTS of cheese. Like lots. This is not a bad thing. And toast made from fresh baked white bread. Yummy. Very useful for wiping up the leftover cheese from the omelette. Very good coffee too. Took some to go. Service was good and the place seemed popular. The counter is table height so it's comfortable to eat at, but when you stand up you feel 13 feet tall. ;-)

• Visited October 2013

Wiscasset
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tacky and soggy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was not impressed with the food. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and it was tasty but the bread was not toasted and very soggy. My boyfriend ordered a steak bomb and said it was the worst he has ever had. The bottom of it ripped and was soggy so he had to cut it in half. My 4 yr old enjoyed the chicken tenders and fries. I sampled them and the tenders were really tasty and juicy. The decor is tacky and not that welcoming. The waitress was nice enough but seemed like she was rushing us out. She brought us our check before we were even half way through our meal. They give you cans of soda, no free refills like most places and I get thirsty :) I will go back and try breakfast because I have a feeling that might be a lot better.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Skaneateles, New York
“Good Hash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Finally stopped for breakfast after years of driving by. Excellent home made corned beef hash and very reasonable prices.

Visited September 2013
“Exceptional service, food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We are having lunch now at Miss Wiscasset Diner. The restaurant is wonderful and upbeat. I ordered the haddock sandwich basket and it is great. I didn't bother with the bun as the piece of haddock is huge. Very flavorful, fresh and with a wonderful batter. My husband has one of the burgers and he is very pleased.

For those complaining about the service I think you need to realize that 1 person was trying to take care of everything. They have added staff and since the restaurant is full and the waitresses are all incredible pleasant I think they have fixed any issues.
We love this restaurant and highly recommend

2 Thank Pchubbuck
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“THIS PLACE IS THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was pretty upset to read the last couple of reviews. We own a summer home in Edgecomb and come up here several times during the summer. Wiscasset Diner has now become a favorite place of ours. The wait staff has been amazing. They have always been very friendly and great to our kids. When I read that the wait staff is rude, I can't believe this. I have seen first hand how customers have treated the wait staff. I would say it's the other way around. RUDE customers. The food is excellent and you can't beat the price. You have to try the homemade baked beans. Keep up the good work and FRIENDLY service. If your going to be a grouchy customer or complain the entire time go somewhere else.

2 Thank davidlyons911