“Only reason to stop on Rt 1 in Wiscasset!”
Review of Treats of Maine

Treats of Maine
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Wiscasset
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: TREATS is family owned and has been in business for 30 Years. We are keen on sourcing locally from our farmers...Many of which are Organic farmers. We make everything from scratch daily and put both love in what we do and our food!
Edgecomb, Maine
“Only reason to stop on Rt 1 in Wiscasset!”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Treats is a treasure that should not be missed! Stacey and Ryan staff this eclectic cafe/wine shop/ bakery, with the friendliest people. The collection of antique shop items and new kitchen offerings makes this shop worth a look alone. But then you'll have some of the amazing cheese, bread, sandwiches and baked goods on offer and you'll want to stay. The wine selection is fabulous as are the organic local ingredients on offer. The scones are to die for.

Onset, Massachusetts
“Best bakery!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Oh the scones!!! Don't leave without one. We are so glad we found this lovely little bakery - we now plan to stop on all our trips to Maine. The hardest part is deciding what to chose - everything was a hit!

1 Thank greenmonstah508
california
“best bakery in Maine”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have traveled route 1 in Maine so many times and never stop in Wiscasset because of the traffic. However, I will always stop now after finding a gem. A wonderful bakery where the owner informed me everything was scratch and they use local and organic produce when in season. They are committed to their community and the food was amazing. I had the best Tomato Bisque and sandwich with their craionaisse.?? Cookies to die for. Specialty foods to puruse as you wait for a latte or pannini and an excellent hand selected wine shop along with hand cut cheeses from around the world. This is a stop worth waiting in traffic. I also found great parking right behind the shop and there is a bigger public lot on the other side of the street behind a cute antique place.

2 Thank wma1012
maine
“Best baked goods, cheese, and wine shop on the coast of Maine”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I am writing this review as a Mainer who is asked so many times every summer..."Where is someplace good to eat?" I always say the same thing so I figured I'd write it here.
My favorite scone in the world is at TREATS in Wiscasset. They seriously make the best baked goods and sandwiches. The store itself is gorgeous. There are beautiful antiques everywhere and a long table that I always drink my coffee at. The atmosphere has a relaxed old European feel to it.; I always feel like I have been transported to another time when I go in.
The store is divided in two and has a well known wine and cheese shop on the other side. The owners are so good about recommending a bottle that fits what I am after. I love that I can go into TREATS for a little sweet something or get everything I need for a picnic or a party. (And my kids love the penny candy jars!)
TREATS is a special place for those of us who have discovered it.

3 Thank peaceoutbeansprout