“Lost their homestyle Atmosphere!”
Review of Winthrop Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winthrop
Winthrop Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winthrop
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lost their homestyle Atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed here a long time ago it seems.I stayed in December I think 2010. The room was very comfortable and I had a great time and relaxed. I came back to stay and the house keeper was no longer there and that made me feel a little upset. I liked the service, it was kind of a homestyle atmosphere, with the prepared meals and the cleanliness. I called to make another reservation. When we arrived at the motel, I was very dissapointed. I was hoping to see her again! I will never forget her smile and her personality! I wonder where she is now! I found another motel up the road, so I could maybe find her there! Details about the motel, I did not stay to say!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank kevin b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The first 2 nights I had heat, after that cold, cold, cold, could not sleep cause it was cold..even with shoes on, the manager said he would take care of it....ended up going to Augusta so I could get some heat, manager did not offer apology and refused refund for days that I did not stay, which had been paid in advance. Room was dirty, bought supplies and cleaned it myself, asked for clean towels after two days of no room service, manager gave me his towels...ewww....the place was cheap, but come on, broken down mattress, chairs came apart if you set in them, and table top very loose, was afraid to use it, no shade on table lamp, microwave door was cracked....just terrible!

Room Tip: Bring electic blanket if you want to be warm
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mamaw5
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My friend and I stayed here and what a treat! We had a wonderful time and slepted very comfortable. We had a king size bed and warm towels brought to us by the housekeeper and we told her we had some all ready........no problem she said and enjoy your stay and dinner will be done in a half hour and it was (Homemade bisciuts and baked chicken and potatoes) and all kinds of dessert. We have never stayed at any motel that served all day food . "check it out". The motel is not the best looking from the outside, very nice on the inside...fresh baked aroma goods There are alot of other motels we could of stayed at after reading the " Cold Room" but the price was right and the meals they serve, breakfast eggs, bacon and muffins (homemade blueberry muffins) coffee (different everyday) and I enjoyed the tea...wonderful. The manager was very nice to us when we needed directions and other attractions to see. we stayed for two nights and stayed the third night for the Sunday dinner well worth it! Oh yes would you like to know what it was......check them out and find out for yourselves and you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 46152Traveler
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have worked in hotels and motels about 26 years and have never heard of a places when it is 40 deg out side and 60 deg in your room that you cant have heat untill they turn it on at 6 pm. me and my husband traveled from nh to me to close up our camp for the winter we spent 2 hours out in the cold and was looking forward to taking a hot shower and injoying our heated room and tv well there was no heat and no remote for tv and no trash can and only 1 set of towels for 2 people and due to no heat we could not take a shower we paid $75.00 for alot of nouthing

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have been in very nice motels in the past...my God I have to say the service when I arived was unbelieveable to see...the room did not smell like a motel....it smelled like my home...clean sented smell....the bathroom looked like no one ever used it....I had the most wonderful time relaxing...cable I have not seen in a long time....wow Hallmark channel...impressed, I was! The manager makes sure that things are well...in the room before I went in and purchased the two week stay.....The coffee he puts out and the fruit tray in the mornings and healthy snacks..by 8:30 am. he greats you with a smile in the morning....since I have been here the place has come a long way....Fall festive autumn foliage decoration..the pride they take here has come a long way...I wish I did not have to leave here....I hope to stay again sometime and until then, it is a great place to stay....use to stay in room 102.

• Stayed September 2010
Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Winthrop Motel over Christmas week. The rooms were very clean and the staff/Manager was professional, friendly and very accomodating. When we arrived in our room, there were 2 Christmas ornaments and a Christmas card on the bed to welcome us...we were very touched by that!
If you are looking for a Marriot/Hyatt experience, this Motel is not for you. If you are looking for a nice Mom/Pop type atmosphere, where the staff make you feel right at home, you will not be disappointed here!

• Liked — The staff friendliness and daily room service.
  • Stayed December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
Dracut MA
Reviewed November 18, 2006

Stayed at the Winthrop Motel for a week in November. The place was run down looking but the rooms were clean. Maid service came every other day even though we were told that they came every morning. Since we were not at the motel for the majority of our stay it suited our needs for a place to shower and sleep. It is a gorgeous location and the area is very nice, relaxing. This place is definitely a no frills, bare minimum place. The staff was very nice, when I called to make the reservation I had forgotten my credit card at home, so I told the manager I would call back. He told me that he would hold the room for 48 hours without a deposit, which I thought was very nice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Run down exterior, every other day maid service
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rosered78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winthrop
Hampton Inn Augusta
Axell's Scandinavian Inn
Axell's Scandinavian Inn
#1 of 1 in Manchester
Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel

Been to Winthrop Motel? Share your experiences!