“Drove over an hour to have breakfast here!”
Review of The Bacon Tree - CLOSED

The Bacon Tree
Cuisines: American
Description: We specialize in making things from scratch, with the freshest and most superior products possible at affordable prices.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a super sweet cafe in the quant town of Winterport, Maine. Even in naming the restaurant they hold the area history as pertinent. We drove well over an hour to try it out for the first time today and we were not disappointed. Cinnamon pancakes, breakfast tacos, omelets...our table was a delicious overload for our senses.The food was delicious and the service is personable, making you feel as though it's not your first visit. Highly recommend it!!!

3  Thank LoriK2012

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Rise and Shine Cafe in Winterport, Maine, is a classic cafe. It has a small -- friendly -- feel-at-home atmosphere. The food was very good, and the service was very pleasant. Seating is limited, but I have never had a wait. I enjoying visiting this pleasant cafe.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My drink was served in a dirty cup but otherwise fast service for lunch. French fries are the crinkle cut frozen type but you get a generous amount. Sandwich was the best part of it all.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I and two other couples enjoyed a pleasurable dinner, which I hope was the first of many Friday nights to come. The fried haddock dinner I had was delicious. My wife's lobster ravioli with homemade pasta and homemade bread was five star. Everything was wonderful.

1  Thank StanandLee
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I need to retract. I have only been living in Winterport for 35 years, so I am from away. But seriously folks, if you want a great breakfast or lunch, this is the place to go! The place is small, but the food is BIG. Fresh, homemade breads, delicious desserts (when they have time), and specials that are, well, SPECIAL! My wife and I eat there from two to four times a week. My Scottish nature would not let me go back unless I thought it was worth it. Do yourself a favor and stop by and enjoy. Its a great place, owned and operated by an accomplished couple who bring their considerable talents to the kitchen and on to your plate. Try it, you'll love it!!!
Watch the time however...only open 'til 2pm thru the week, 1pm on Sat and noon on Sun. Don't be disappointed, get there early.

1  Thank Tom S