“Old money homes and great views”

Grindstone Neck of Maine
Sturbridge, MA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Old money homes and great views”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After stopping in downtown Winter Harbor, head out Grindstone Road to drive out onto the Neck (or Beach Road, too). If you go straight out Grindstone Road you deadend at a lovely view with great flat rocks so bring a lunch. Other roads provide similar spots. Grindstone Golf Course is an old course with some fabulous views especially holes 2, 3, and 4. But it's a tight course so bring extra balls. Don't expect lush fairways, just enjoy the adventure!

Visited August 2012

Charlottesville, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“The smoked mussels and salmon were FABULOUS!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We are so glad we stopped here! We bought some yummy items which we ate as a picnic on our way north. The owner (who also owns Fisherman's Inn Restaurant in Winter Harbor) was as nice as she could be. We appreciated her showing us the back room where they smoke the fish. They ship all over the world!

Visited July 2012
AURORA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Gift Items - and Snacks for yourself”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is a neat little shop. Great smoked salmon (from a gal who prefers Pacific NW salmon over Atlantic - this was tasty) and delicious smoked mussels. They had lots of items in there that we enjoyed. I was visiting Winter Harbor with my nephew, brother and dog and we got something from this place for all of us to enjoy. It's been a few years - but probably going back this summer. I live in Virginia - so can't make it up as much as I'd like. But I remembered this place and for me to remember, it's good - I'm a foodie. Good to pick up some items for a picnic or road trip.

1 Thank alaskamtngirl