“Good dinner; great breakfast”

J.M. Gerrish Restaurant
Description: J.M. Gerrish Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour is a small (45 seat) restaurant on the coast of Winter Harbor Maine. The served here though simple fare is served well. We have gluten free products as well. Maine made Gifford Ice Cream in many flavors can be ordered by itself or incorporated in one of our many milk shakes, ice cream sodas, or sundaes.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Now open for dinner, I enjoyed the freshest oysters and mussels. A friend raved about the scallops. At breakfast, the blueberry pancakes were light and absolutely filled with blueberries. A definite return trip.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

just stopped for a blueberry pie and ice cream, they split the piece in two so we both had our own plates and each got a scoop of ice cream ... blueberry pie was over stuffed with blueberries....could have been a bit warmer so the ice cream melted - outdoor porch to eat on .. all good

1  Thank joisey-joe
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Recently spent a week in Winter Harbor. Although there aren't too many restaurants to choose from, the few that are there are all pretty good. J.M. Gerrish was especially nice. All of the foods appear to be made inhouse. The menu isn't large but it has enough variety to get through a meal. More importantly though, the food is just done well. Sandwiches are made on thick cut bread and can be grilled. The salad still looked alive, no dried out or limp lettuce. They clearly take pride in their product and it shows. Prices were not terrible, not inexpensive but not expensive either. Although I didn' t have my laptop with me, they appeared to offer wi-fi too. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

4  Thank bhmg
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We had breakfast at Gerrish's Cafe on our recent stay in Winter Harbor. (great town!)
My sandwich was made with scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, in a fresh pop-over. it was Quite good! The coffee was also very good, and the waiter was a very pleasant young gentleman. I guess I'll say it again, they weren't exactly quick. But, not as slow as some of the other area restaurants. No such thing as fast food in Maine..
From seating to placing order: 10+ minutes, from order to table: 15+ minutes.
25+ minutes is kinda slow for a breakfast sandwich, in my book.
But, my wife always says to me: "slow down, be patient, were in Maine".
I mean no dis to my fine Maine neighbors, but sometimes, service needs to move at a better clip. Good food though. I'd go back.

2  Thank ben795
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Loved this coffee shop that was once the local post office, drug store and soda fountain. Great food, super service and warm atmosphere. Good choice for lunch or dinner, casual yet inviting.