“Excellent delivery time, delicious calzone!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Winslow House of Pizza
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Pizza
Waterville, Maine, United States
“Excellent delivery time, delicious calzone!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I ordered a small spinach and feta calzone and it included sauce and pizza cheese. The crust was perfection...a bit crispy, but doughy and soft. The spinach was fresh, the feta a nice balance with the spinach, and the sauce and cheese weren't overpowering. It was cut in four pieces and was very generous for a "small." It wasn't soggy so I was able to cut it into smaller pieces and pick it up to eat.

I also ordered fries and,while it, too, was a generous portion, they were soggy and similar to the type at Burger King. I passed on those, unfortunately.

I had asked for the delivery to be anytime at 12:05 and I was assured that they would arrive as close to 12:05 as they could. Lo and behold, my order arrived at 12:06! I was impressed with the service, both in speed and friendliness.

Next time, I'll skip the fries, order the calzone, and know that my order will arrive when requested. I'll definitely order again!

• Visited June 2013

“Just gross”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ordered a steak and cheese to be delivered. Well, I got just steak and a smidge of mayo, no cheese! For real, who forgets that? Not impressed at all....will never go there again

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank amjams82
Waterville, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second worst pizza ever!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I purchased their special pizza costing over $18.00 with tax. I would of enjoyed can soup or canned peas more. It really tasted horrible. I will never go there again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ginger s
Vassalboro, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Pizza place in town!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

decided on a Saturday at 5:15 to stop and get food on the way home. Big Mistake! got out of there at 6, cost as much as going out to the olive garden and the food was sub-par. the breading on the chicken was dull and flavorless, the chicken still slightly pink, the fries were rubbery and tasted like card board. no prices listed, so when my bill for 2 cal zones and 2 chicken baskets came to $55 I was wholly surprised! (no drinks, this was to go). even the cal zones were under par. after waiting 45 minutes they finally got us our food.

Besides there was no AC (was 85 degrees outside and hotter inside.) the TV was off, the bench springs were so far gone you were sitting on the wood support...All around Horrible experience.

DON'T EAT HERE, they do not deserve your business.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nicole S
Mesa, Arizona
“A tried and true favorite for our family”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a "can't miss" for us whenever we are back in Maine visiting family. The pizza is truly special. We typically order one for the meat-eaters, like a pepperoni and bacon, and a Greek pizza for a more exotic meatless taste treat. The antipasto we ordered was generous and sported plenty of meats. You do not come here for the ambiance, there is none. But the pizza sauce is zesty and the crust is thick enough for the bread lovers and airy enough for those like myself who prefer a lighter crust. I certainly felt the meal was a good value and everybody came away well satisfied. Oh and they offer cold Moxie to enhance your true Maine experience!
We also tried Unity House of Pizza in Unity on my mother's advice, claiming "it's a little better there." Did not find that location here on TripAdvisor, so let me say here that I really felt them to be equal with perhaps a slight edge to the crust at Unity.

• Visited June 2012