“Friendly staff, good place to eat fish”
Review of Thatcher's Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

Thatcher's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Gorham, Maine
“Friendly staff, good place to eat fish”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This local place is a cut above the fast food joints. Their fried seafood platter includes big pieces of lobster as well as haddock, shrimp, and scallops & is excellent for the price. Their broiled scallops dish is also very good. Sometimes my husband & I ask for hot dogs w/beans
--not on the menu, very inexpensive, and we think their beans are delicious. I've sometimes made a meal of the appetizer quesadillas. Their waitresses and waiter are friendly, aim to please. Recently, I tried the haddock chowder and found it to have huge chunks of haddock; it was really tasty. Usually, we are too full for dessert but they have several good offerings.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank madlady22

Windham, Maine
“Great Local Restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're tired of eating at the same chain restaurants when you travel, because at least you know what to expect, but you'd rather try a local establishment. You might be afraid to because you don't know what to expect. Feel confident to visit Thatchers Pub in Windham, Maine. This is a very nice local spot with a very good menu. However, my wife and I go there on a weekly basis because of their specials board. When they offer it, I'm particularly fond of the garlic infused prime rib, and my wife enjoys the seafood stew. There is always something new and different to try and we've never been disappointed with the food or the service we get there!!! I know the staff recognizes us and treats us like the regulars we are, but we notice that they treat .everyone this way, no matter who you are or where you're from. So, When you're visiting us in the Sebago Lakes Region of Maine, and you get hungry, stop in at Thatchers - you won't be disappointed - unless you prefer the chain down the street (Yeah, we have them here too!)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank skierbill
MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very friendly staff. Food was very good and arrived fast. Drinks were very tasty. Good food for the value.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Carolyn P
Gray, Maine
“What a dive!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Food was cold, service was cold, weather was cold and the beer was warm. What a terrible idea for a restaurant. The other reviews I've read are right on.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank james w
Florida
“depends what you order”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been here several times and the food has ranged from decent to not so hot.. think it depends on what you order or who is cooking on any given day. This is your basic type restaurant with average food/service. Looks like lots of drinkers hang out here.

• Visited July 2012