“Terrific, as usual..........great food & fun staff”
Review of Thatcher's Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

Thatcher's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm more than surprised at some of these negative reviews. I have had nothing but very positive experiences here and have been here on numerous occasions. The food has always been very good and the staff has always been terrific. Thatcher's is one of my favorite restaurants in the area!

1  Thank trudyfiles

Reviewed November 5, 2011

i have been a customer of thatchers restaurant several times over the course of ten years and i have allways been served promptly and proffesionally. even the change from one location in windham to anther in windham , the service and food have been all i could ask for . one of the owners, dave is allways there to greet me and share a warm smile and a friendly hand shake. to close , thatchers is the very best place to take your gal for one heck of a meal and experience !!
reguards,
bob anderson.

1  Thank robert a
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We arrived for lunch on a Saturday. There were at least a handful of empty tables, they were not out straight by any means. That being said, they have two waitresses for the entire place, not sure if that is efficient enough. The wait staff was friendly and welcoming and we as a family always choose the mom and pop places over chains anyday. We order, two burgers, sodas, and a basket of chicken tenders. 20, 30, 40 minutes go by. At this point I notice two tables that were empty when we arrived, had people eating meals at them....Our waitress notices our irritation and says a few minutes. Well, a few minutes go by and I can see her talking with the cooks, he shrugs his shoulders as says, "at least 10 minutes." She comes back again to say, it will be another 5-10 minutes. We pick up, pay for our drinks (yes, I even tip 20% on the drink tab) and leave. She cancels our order, yelling from our table to the cooks. It's a sad experience when you can be completely forgotten about and you are sitting at the table closest to the kitchen window. We would never go back, and have NEVER in my life had to actually leave a restaurant, but my son was beyond starving and in tears.

1  Thank missmarley
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I went in with my boyfriend just for dinner. The waitstaff and kitchen staff all hanging around the bar. Our service was extremely slow and the food was awful. We got a sampler for an appetizer and you only got 2 of each item. TWO fried mushrooms? really? and you could not taste mushroom...only old nasty grease. Definitely not worth the money! The place wasnt the cleanest and it's lower end pub food at best...overpriced.

1  Thank jcfoodie124
Reviewed May 12, 2011

It was a really quiet night, so the service was attentive and quick. The chili was okay, but should be hot enough to melt the cheese...or they should melt the cheese before serving. The chili was barely warm. I got the steak tips, they were cooked to my liking but there were only four little pieces. I would expect much more....and they were swimming in oil or grease along with the veggies that come with it. I requested gravy to go with my mashed potatoes and I got a little cup of it, but it was cold and just a pile of gel. That is kind of sad. Potatoes were very good. For the prices they charge the food should be top notch, not soaked in grease and should be a decent serving. When they first moved to the new location they were on the ball...food was hot and excellent, small portions but I could deal with that if the food was good. Sad to see it go down hill like this.

2  Thank MRANDMRSBURRITO