“Terrible atmosphere, dull food”

Rustler's Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Windham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Terrible atmosphere, dull food”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have given this place two chances, now you're out. Brought five people total and we all have had lackluster meals, poorly created and seasoned. Service was fine. Dining room is poorly lit and painted in a terrible non-inviting color. Windham just can't get its scene going at all. Take the time to go to Portland.

1 Thank Django65

Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The flourless lava cake is to die for.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The flourless lava cake is to die for. The rest of the food is average to good quality. Why does this have to be 100 characters?

Visited September 2012
Fort Myers, FL
“BEST PRIME RIB”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I ordered the 16 oz prime rib and my wife and daughter split a rack of ribs. I must say that this was one of the best prime ribs I've had in a restaurant. It was perfectly done and could be cut with a fork. I'm very particular about my steaks and this one definitely goes near the top of the list. The ribs were very good also. They had just enough firmness to be gently pulled from the bone versus falling off the bone. I understand that people may be particular about how the meat comes off the bone, but for us, it was perfect. The service was great and will definitely go back when we visit our daughter next summer.

• Visited October 2012
Gray, Maine
“Love the bread, Hate the ribs.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The bread before the meal is always delicious here, but nothing else seems too special. The ribs were terrible. Chewy, fatty and not that tasty.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank james w
Naples, Maine
“It's not will they close down..it's WHen they close down! Awful Food!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My son & I ordered 2 burgers one night which we ordered done medium. Well they came out an hour later as Black, Hard, CHARCOLED, CRISP HOCKEY PUCKS! I showed the black, BURNT, CRISP pucks to the waitress & asked for 2 new burgers, she had the owner come over & he said that " They were perfect!" OMG! I rarely complain. but this food was not even edible! MY SON & I politely paid the bill for the untouched hockey pucks & NEVER went back again!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Cinderella04055

Been to Rustler's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!