“Friendly and quaint”

Calzolaio Pasta Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Calzolaio Pasta Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Wilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canal St.
Description: We are an Italian restaurant with some American alternatives. Our cuisines boast homemade sauces and pasta, brickoven style pizza, fresh Maine seafood and natural meats. Each dish is prepared with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor and has made us an "Award Winning Restaurant"!
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The wait staff here were above and beyond friendly and accommodating. They even brought us a game (Spot it) for our 9 year old, which made the meal far more enjoyable.
Food was very good, and plentiful. Our two vegetarians had no problem finding options for them.
We did not have desert (we were too full), but the offerings looked amazing.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice house wine, good bread, salads and pizza/calzone.
Good service, portions on the large side, could not finish my pizza.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at this restaurant this evening. It is absolutely a wonderful place to eat! The food is delicious! We started with mussels steamed in ale with a sweet pepper sauce, then had a side Caesar salad and the Verdi pizza, which was the Best ever! It was a grilled chicken,shrimp,pesto, artichoke hearts, spinach, kalamati olives and mozzarella cheese on a basil crust. Decor is very nice and the patio is lovely. Service was excellent! Staff are attentive, informative and very personable! A GREAT place to dine! Will visit again when in the area!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Yes, its the best Italian in town, but also because they're the only one. The reviews online are exaggerated. The food is OK, but far from great. Perhaps it has to do with the standard you're used to, but apart from the starter bread/olive oil, the meals were way to greasy and uncouth.
They are very kid-friendly, providing crayons to keep the little ones busy. My wife has a chicken-pasta combo which was way too sweet, lacking finesse and drowning in limoncello flavors. I had a calzone pizza that tasted very good, but could easily kill you if you have a heart condition of high cholesterol. Grease was dripping out whilst cutting it, and the amount of mozzarella would have been enough for 4 pizza's (perhaps its an American thing). The dough was lovely though.
The Vanilla Ice cream the brought my daughter was good , but the double espresso was cold and split.

I don't think I will go back if I ever visit Wilton again. It's not terrible, but definitely not very good and most certainly not excellent.

1  Thank William D
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times and they have been short staffed. The last time we went we couldn't get in sure to a bike ride. The hosted was rude and turned us away...I will not go back!

1  Thank Mainegirl1970

Been to Calzolaio Pasta Co.? Share your experiences!