“yuck.”

Super 8 Portland/Westbrook Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westbrook
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I pity the folks who had to endure the place for more than one night. The room was run down and dirty. Oddly enough our bathroom however was spotless. The airconditioner in our room mad a noise like a LOUD freight train. The desk was surely, didn't care and ignored our request to look at it. We left for the evening and left it on ROARING! When we returned it was much quiter. It either fixed itself or the noise was reported by others and the surely staff was forced to deal. Our relatives had a disgusting smoke smell in their room and awful beds. If you like pasty muffins wrapped in cellophane the breakfast is sure to delight! I think $80 is a lot to pay for such a disgusting place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Dirty! Dirty! Dirty! This is just off the highway before getting to Portland however it comes along with a toll booth! In and out you have to pay a toll. The way around the toll is a bit difficult to figure out. This place was dirty and smelly. The hallway carpet was dirty. The beds are awful. Our bed had hairs in it as did our shower. The room stunk. It is very dated and in need of an overhaul or to be closed down. We did see a Motel 6 the is all newly renovated. Try that if you want to be in this area. Otherwise run as fast as you can. We were even a little scared to leave our vehicle parked here! Not good!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was a bit surprised at the rates in the Portland, ME area for my reservation needs and was happy to see a reasonable room rate at the Super 8 compared to other hotels in the area.
As I approached the hotel, I saw a Motel 6 and thought to myself that at least I wasn't staying there. Now, I wonder if it would have been better.
The location is easily accessible and just off a main exit off the 95. This is where the positives end. The hotel is extremely outdated, the bed was very hard and made an awful creaking noise with the slightest move.
The beadspread had several stains on it, some which appeared to by dried blood spots and the overall feeling I had was that the room hadn't been given a good cleaning in a very long time.
The walls were very thin as I could hear everything going on outside of our room from every direction.
If you are looking for a cheap hotel that is well located, then look no further. If you want a clean room, look somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CyndyandDavid00
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel was fairly clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even when they were very busy. It was a great deal compared to the prices of other hotels around the Portland, ME airport. They do have smoking rooms near non-smoking rooms and the rooms are interior. If the smell of smoke bothers you, you may want to make special requests at the time of booking to not be near the smoking rooms. One of the hallways had a very strong smell one of the two nights we were there. We could not get a good Internet signal at the hotel to do anything productive online. We stayed on two separate nights. One room had newer beds, while the second had a very old and uncomfortable bed. Otherwise, it was a great deal, especially for the weekend rates.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I was in town for a few days for family reasons, and my parents booked one room for them and one room for my sister and I. I'm not picky when I travel, but I do expect certain things. One of them is getting what is advertised. They advertise free wifi in the room, but the signal was so low I had trouble connecting, and once I did connect, I got booted off repeatedly so I couldn't get anything done. The only way I could keep up with work emails, etc, was by going to the lobby. The signal there was fine, but don't advertise wifi in the rooms when it doesn't really work! My mom was a bit upset to find that neither room had a microfridge when she thought there was supposed to be one in every room as well. The cleaning crew had trouble putting stuff back where they found it (for instance throwing all my and my sister's stuff in a cup in the bathroom instead of leaving it where we put it after cleaning).
The beds were ok, but I found the pillows a bit deflated. The rooms are on the small side.
The free continental breakfast left a lot to be desired. Both mornings I was there, they had run out of bagels when I got there an hour before the end.
I was turned off by one of the desk workers when I was having trouble connecting to the internet. He was incredibly useless, and barely glanced up at me from his computer when talking to me.
Overall, it was an ok place to spend a night if necessary, but there are better places around the Portland area for the same price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mule13
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The room was old and outdated. The mattress should have been retired years ago and the stains on the recliner???

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

If you're looking for a nice, simple and quiet location - the Super 8 on Larrabee Road is perfect! We stayed for 3 nights and got to enjoy the pool, whirlpool and the great coffee and breakfast served in the morning!

The staff were very cheerful and accomodating to us - big thanks to Chris, Paula and Jill for making our stay a relaxing and enjoyable experience! They were very helpful and informative about the area! When in the Portland area - we will make sure to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Ramada Plaza Portland
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#17 of 21 in Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to Super 8 Portland/Westbrook Area? Share your experiences!