“another perfectly fine budget motel”

Super 8 Portland/Westbrook Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westbrook
ALEXANDRIA
“another perfectly fine budget motel”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arrived during the Columbus day weekend, and ended up paying well over rack rates for a smoking room (all they had). However, the staff at the desk were perfectly nice about it despite being booked solid, and I could barely tell it was a smoking room from the scent. Because it was booked solid, breakfast the next morning was such a madhouse that I avoided it, but it looked like standard fare.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
JACKMAN
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our reservation was for non-smoking and we were put in smoking because everything was full. The room was filthy! I actually wiped lipstick off of the bathroom wall which obviously never gets wiped down. Out second night we were able to move to a non smoking king room which was clean and comfortable. Why such a difference in the same establishment?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

TARPON SPRINGS
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night after having to make a long emergency flight from Hawaii to Maine. We were tired and didn't feel like looking for another hotel late in the evening. The staff that greeted us were very friendly, but once we left the lobby and headed for our room, all we could smell was stale cigarette smoke in the hallway. Once in the room, which was supposed to be nonsmoking, there were cigarette burns in the carpet and smoke migrated up from the rooms below us. We suffered through the night, but were too tired to make an issue. In the morning they did have a very nice breakfast area that was well stocked, but unfortunately didn't make up for the dingy room.

Room Tip: Close to I-95 and downtown Portland. Overpriced for what we got.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Westbrook hotels

CABIN JOHN
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This motel was reasonable, which is what we were looking for. It was close to downtown but also close to the Maine Turnpike. The breakfast was fine. Super 8 was just what we were looking for on our trip to Acadia National Park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Maine
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here with my 4 year old for 1 night on our way to NH. The hotel is dated but it was clean, my son enjoyed playing in the "clean white tub". The breakfast was fine. We didn't use the pool. The rates were alright which is why I chose the hotel. The bed could be better, but my issue was that a smoke alarm was blaring in the middle of the night. As a healthcare worker I expected instructions from the staff. I called the front desk and asked if we needed to evacuate. The lady was a little rude and said no it's just a smoke alarm, which I had already figured out. Needless to say I got dressed and was ready to vacate if necessary. The alarm blared for about 10 - 15 minutes until the fire department got there. Luckily my son didn't wake up but I did not get any sleep that night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room was dirty.The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor..i woke up with nasty big bites dont know what kind ive never seen those types of bites...my husband was there on business so i asked for a late check out...only til 1230pm because he had our truck and i had no where to go til he was came back to get me...the lady was rude she said it was ok to have one but was not very nice about it...well the next day i had 4 different people knock on the door complaining at me because i was suppose to check out i told them the lady said i was all set til 1230pm then the lady who gave me a late check out came to my room at 11am to tell me i needed to check out cuz 11 was check out time...i told her you said it was fine til 1230 and she said "i did well its not on my list" i told her i just saw you a few hours ago and you dont remember...she said"o thats right ok" then walked away. what a pain!! i felt like i was getting kicked out and had all our stuff and no truck no where to go my husband had to leave work early to come get me.....i LOVE the Super 8 in Manchester, New Hampshire thats why i chose super 8...but Beware the super 8 in portland maine is horrible they are not all the same...i guess it depends on where you go and the hot tub was cold not hot. not enjoyable. the best part of my stay there was breakfast and thats it!! Never will i go there again not even if i could stay for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brina82684
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I second the previous reviewer who said that this hotel was a fair value and good service. We stayed in an "upgraded" two-bed room for four nights, including a busy holiday long weekend, with our two kids. The property is showing its age, the furniture, carpets, etc. are worn and dated, and the pool is much smaller than the pictures appear. The room was clean when we arrived, although housekeeping didn't do much on the remaining days of our stay other than make the beds and give us new towels. The beds were comfortable. The pack-and-play provided for our infant was stained so you may prefer to bring your own. The breakfast selection was decent, with fresh waffles and (pre-packaged) hard-boiled eggs. The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, we saved a lot of money staying here compared to other 2* hotels in the area, and I would stay again.

Room Tip: No elevators so request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Ramada Plaza Portland
Clarion Hotel
#15 of 19 in Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland

Been to Super 8 Portland/Westbrook Area? Share your experiences!