“Exactly what you expect from Panera”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: Delicatessen
McLean, Virginia
“Exactly what you expect from Panera”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Excellent pastries, good soup and sandwiches. Very close to the hotel I stayed at so it was convenient and relatively inexpensive.

Visited August 2014

Sarasota
“Be Aware”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

It has been some time since my wife and I had tried Panera again and I must say we were very disappointed with the experience. We visited your Westbrook Maine location for lunch. I had previously registered on line for your Panera Card.

When we entered the old visit was revisited, your wall mounted menu is just too small for us to read, I know your marketing is directed towards the 20-40 crowd but the over sixty generation is still alive and well but we just can't see as well. I then asked about converting the on line paper card to a permanent card and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. We did finally get that squared away with the store manager, I guess it is called on the job training at the customers expense.
Next we ordered, two simple lunches, we sat down and proceeded to wait, after a fifteen minute wait without our vibrator going off I approached the counter to inquire, of course our lunch had been sitting there for ten minutes with no explanation, Oh Yeah, the vibrators don't always work !!! Our soup was re filled and off we went.

My flatbread sandwich was just alright, the flat bread was not fresh and the side apple was just an apple, at least you could offer apples slices, the soup was just okay.

My wife on the other hand was totally disappointed, she ordered your S.W. flatbread w/ soup, well it seems as if someone forgot half the filling, the sandwich was so under-filled that when you opened it, it resembled an underfed alien, there was virtually nothing on the sandwich, about four small pieces of chicken, a little slaw, some green paste covering the flat bread and that was about it, she was so disgusted she just left it.

I can honestly say we were totally disappointed, the facility is old and dirty, the service is less than outstanding and the overall experience is one we would rather not repeat.

I will post this on all websites that review restaurants so that others can be aware of this chains shortcomings and be aware.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank richannc
Moncton, Canada
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

And you will too. If you are in the mood for something different, try their salads, soups or sandwiches. Great place to get something different while on the road.

Visited August 2013
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Consistently Fresh Coffee and Friendly Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Located just off the Maine Turnpike and ME 25, this is a convenient place to grab a soup or a sandwich and coffee while using the restaurant’s free Wi-Fi. Free onsite parking is plentiful. The coffee is consistently fresh and good. Service is friendly too. There are plenty of electrical outlets for using cells and tablets. A working fireplace, free daily house newspapers, and lots of comfortable seats make it feel a bit like a home away from home.

• Visited April 2013
Alton, Maine, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great for breakfast or lunch, the pastry ring is awesome. Will be back again when we are in the area

Visited March 2013