“Great food”

The Frog and Turtle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: What is a gastro pub?” Gastronomy is the study of preparing and consuming food. A pub is a neighborhood spot for affordable food and good times. When you combine the two you get a neighborhood spot with a focus on food prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went as a party of 5 on a week night, very busy place and no real waiting area, the bar and restaurant where full. It was worth the wait and a bit of dancing around the wait staff. I had a a chicken crepe with delicious seasonings, very filling. I would defiantly go again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

a good place to go for meals and check to see what the night's entertainment is. service is good, reservations are suggested. reasonably priced

1  Thank Ron J
Reviewed September 30, 2013

4 of us ate here on a busy Saturday night. The service was great, our server was attentive and we all felt as though she was genuinely vested in us enjoying our meal. The courses are served slowly, and it says so on the menu. This is not the place for a quick meal. Our drinks were good and we tried the cheese plate which was lovely and was served with some pickled veggies, strawberry coulis and some honey- it was a nice beginning. Our entrees were very good; we tried steak, chicken and fried fish. One complaint was that the coleslaw served with the fish was so heavy with raw onions that it was almost inedible. We tried two desserts; a margarita cheesecake and the chocolate teardrop of love. The chocolate dessert was incredible, worth going back for on its own.
Overall everyone enjoyed the meal. We'd been for brunch before which was outstanding and we all feel that we would return for dinner again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friends and I had dinner here last night and our meals were very good. Unfortunately,I have two complaints. First, our waitress continued to pressure us to order more food than we wanted. She went so far as saying that the entrees take so long to prepare that we should order an appetizer to fill in. I began to feel uncomfortable as I repeatedly had to say "No". Second, I enjoy drinking iced tea. After I asked for a refill, the waitress informed me that they charge for every glass. Considering that the food is rather pricey, I was surprised by this policy. In fact, it is the only restaurant that I have been to in years that charges ($2) for each glass. I doubt that I will return to this restaurant. As another reviewer said, there are so many excellent restaurants in the Portland area, it is unnecessary to put up with these issues.

1  Thank Sheryl D
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went for dinner and live music. The music was good, they get some decent acts for a small venue. The food was decent. The service was horrible. We were seated promptly but waited over 15 minutes before the first contact with a waitress. She took our drink order (beer and a glass of wine) and we didn't see her again for another 15 minutes. Our drinks were sitting at the end of the bar for about 10 minutes waiting for her. This was not our first visit but bad service seems to be a recurring theme. The waitstaff thinks "wait" is part of the job description. The food on all our visits has actually been rather good and the prices are reasonable. Waiting for over half an hour to get your first beverage is just not acceptable. Waiting for decent food to be prepared is fine. As a music venue it's ok but actually an awkward space to try and do live music and food at the same time.