“not again any time soon” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Westbrook, Connecticut
“not again any time soon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

We've had a good pizza there before, but this time they left off one of the 3 ingredients we requested and didn't tell us. When we realized it at home i called and talked with the owner. I heard him try to make fun of the situation and tell me that he's been "doin this for over 50 years" but i never heard any kind of apology. After asking him how he usually handles this and listening to him try to make a joke again ii told him that he didn't seem to get it , thank you, started to hang up when he said "Wait a minute, what the hell do you want me to do! give you your money back!?? Is that what you want me to say??! You drive down here right now and ii"ll give you your $16 cause i ain't bringing it to you. I politely got off the phone.

Apologies go a long way with us. The owner's lack of humility and people skills are enough for us to go elsewhere. There are many choices for great pizza within a mile of Profennos

Visited December 2011
2 Thank dJS123456

Warren, New Hampshire
“Not from the Italian North End.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I always try the cheese pizza the first time I visit a new to me pizza place. Where's the sauce? Sauce was in hiding and what little there was had no taste. The pizza was burned on the bottom and did have some taste all of which was bad. The crust that wasn't burnt was the best part of the pie. I was told that they had the best pie in town I guess I may have to try them again next time I go to the Portland area. Way over priced for what we got.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Redwing227
“Amazing meatballs, good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is your old fashioned neighborhood pizza place. They are really good at making pizza and their meatball recipe is so yummy. The service is excellent - they made a 3/4 pizza with sausage and 1/4 with cheese, so one of my sons could have cheese pizza.They even have a wine list. We go often for a casual meal with the kids and everyone has a good time for a reasonable price. I know a lot of people who get take-out there. There is also a bar/grill out back which seems to have more people in it, but we like the pizza place.

• Visited September 2011
Southern Maine
“Not fancy, but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

Hand tossed pizza dough, nice selection of entrees, reasonable prices. Good family restaurant, also has a sports bar with an active nightlife. A Westbrook tradition...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook