“Very good Indian”

Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Indian
Description: The Dancing Elephant has been serving delicious Indian food in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. We feature flavorful dishes using traditional Indian spices, including a wide variety of vegetarian items. Our lunch buffet offers a great way to try a variety of Indian dishes that your whole family will enjoy. We also feature a fun lounge with a full bar for your enjoyment. Our bar provides a great spot for you and your friends to have a fun time and receive excellent service. The full bar mixes up the tastiest cocktails and pours your favorite brews. Moreover, pair your favorite drink with a dish from our bar appetizers. Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge is available for takeout or delivery. In addition, we offer catering services and a private dining area for special events. We look forward to serving you!
Gray, Maine
“Very good Indian”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants here and abroad. This one is,right up there with the top of the line in our estimation. Er started off with samosas which,we're absolutely wonderful. Mains were a special naan of the day with all sorts of stuff in it. Along with,this we had an eggplant Marsala and tandoori chicken tikka. Everything was very flavorful and plentiful. Service was top notch. All in all, a very wonderful dine out. Will very definitely be back for more.

• Visited May 2014
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this! We really appreciate your kind words, and we're happy to hear that you were so impressed with everything. Looking forward to welcoming you back for more!

Westbrook, Maine, USA
“Easily the best restaurant in Westbrook”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful food. Nice atmosphere, good lunch specials. Better than any of the Indian places in Portland. I am here at least once a month. The garlic naan is especially good and I like my spice medium.

• Visited February 2014
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Best restaurant in Westbrook? Thank you for taking the time to share such a great compliment with us! It means a lot to hear how much you enjoy our lunch specials and I only hope we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon. You've always got a spot at our table!

Until next time,
Portland, Maine
“People do business with people, not businesses”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was so impressed with Raj, our server, he was extremely knowledgeable, excited about the menu, able to offer suggestions and reccomendations, and was just very attentive. When the food came, it was awesome, and because I was there with 6 other people, I got to try a selection of dishes and they were all equally outstanding. I grew up in the middle east and england, where good, authentic indian food is readily available, since moving to the U.S. it's been hard to find good Indian food, and this was phenomenal. I will be back to work my way through the rest of the menu.

• Visited February 2014
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a glowing recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. It means a lot to hear our food was delicious and authentic, especially from someone who grew up where the cuisine was readily available. Next time you're craving Indian food, I sincerely hope you keep our restaurant in mind! You've always got a spot at our table.

Till then,
Falmouth, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raj the server was great”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my husband were going through a very had time in life ,because my 18 year old son was dedicated with cancer . My husband offered to take me dancing elephant for meal ,our server name was raj and he made me and my husband feel much better with his experience in life served very us and told us what to get ,food was okay ,Resturant is pretty ,but we will go back for raj .thank you raj .

• Visited January 2014
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
This review is truly heartwarming. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your son and offer my sincerest condolences. When it comes to your visit, I'm happy you enjoyed a fun night with us and cannot wait to share your kind words with Raj. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Warm regards,
Portland, Maine, United States
“Best Indian food in Maine”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended best Indian food in Maine. And I will been back than command. I like lamb tikka masala my friend had Lambchop and my mom have coconut shrimp that was that was very good