“Easily the best restaurant in Westbrook” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Indian
Description: The Dancing Elephant has been serving delicious Indian food in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. We feature flavorful dishes using traditional Indian spices, including a wide variety of vegetarian items. Our lunch buffet offers a great way to try a variety of Indian dishes that your whole family will enjoy. We also feature a fun lounge with a full bar for your enjoyment. Our bar provides a great spot for you and your friends to have a fun time and receive excellent service. The full bar mixes up the tastiest cocktails and pours your favorite brews. Moreover, pair your favorite drink with a dish from our bar appetizers. Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge is available for takeout or delivery. In addition, we offer catering services and a private dining area for special events. We look forward to serving you!
Westbrook, Maine, USA
“Easily the best restaurant in Westbrook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful food. Nice atmosphere, good lunch specials. Better than any of the Indian places in Portland. I am here at least once a month. The garlic naan is especially good and I like my spice medium.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Best restaurant in Westbrook? Thank you for taking the time to share such a great compliment with us! It means a lot to hear how much you enjoy our lunch specials and I only hope we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon. You've always got a spot at our table!

Until next time,

Portland, Maine
“People do business with people, not businesses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was so impressed with Raj, our server, he was extremely knowledgeable, excited about the menu, able to offer suggestions and reccomendations, and was just very attentive. When the food came, it was awesome, and because I was there with 6 other people, I got to try a selection of dishes and they were all equally outstanding. I grew up in the middle east and england, where good, authentic indian food is readily available, since moving to the U.S. it's been hard to find good Indian food, and this was phenomenal. I will be back to work my way through the rest of the menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a glowing recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. It means a lot to hear our food was delicious and authentic, especially from someone who grew up where the cuisine was readily available. Next time you're craving Indian food, I sincerely hope you keep our restaurant in mind! You've always got a spot at our table.

Till then,
Falmouth, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raj the server was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my husband were going through a very had time in life ,because my 18 year old son was dedicated with cancer . My husband offered to take me dancing elephant for meal ,our server name was raj and he made me and my husband feel much better with his experience in life served very us and told us what to get ,food was okay ,Resturant is pretty ,but we will go back for raj .thank you raj .

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
This review is truly heartwarming. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your son and offer my sincerest condolences. When it comes to your visit, I'm happy you enjoyed a fun night with us and cannot wait to share your kind words with Raj. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Warm regards,
Portland, Maine, United States
“Best Indian food in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended best Indian food in Maine. And I will been back than command. I like lamb tikka masala my friend had Lambchop and my mom have coconut shrimp that was that was very good

portland, maine
“Not so special "special"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Had given this place a great review earlier...when it first opened. At that time, management present in restaurant clearly helped keep food/service qualify high. My last visit (sans group-on) was bad. Waitperson suggested grilled lamb: dry,tough,flavorless,small portion, and at $20+ a poor value anywhere. Ingredients/flavors of identical entrees(ordered at different visits)were inconsistent...o.k. at home, but not while dining/taking out. Owner needs to supervise his two locations. Feel bad,as had initial good experience and city of Westbrook benefits.

Visited December 2013
Iqbal H, Owner at Dancing Elephant Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on TripAdvisor as it presents the opportunity to make things right. While I'm happy to hear you enjoyed dining with us in the past, I'm disappointed that your last visit missed the mark. I'll admit that "dry," "tough," and "flavorless" are not adjectives we often hear, so I will certainly be meeting with my team to ensure we are doing our best to provide exceptional service. Since some time has passed, I'd like to encourage you to give us another chance to impress. I would love to opportunity to show you we are still the same great restaurant you loved back in 2011.

Kindly,