“Absolutely amazing!!!!”

Jonah's Whale Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Perhaps the only feature that can divert your attention from the stunning view at Jonah’s is the food. The multi award-winning Hatted Restaurant offers excellent Contemporary Australian cuisine and an exceptional wine list offering more than 1600 wines from around the globe.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I dined with my partner in Jonah's at the end of August and it was one of the best dining experiences we ever had.
From the moment we walked in, taking in the stunning view, being greeting by friendly and very attentive staff, Jonah's had us under their spell..
We shared the seafood platter, which was really delicious and our waiter was very attentive and our glasses were never empty.
Jonah's has its price, but it is definitely worth it!!
Absolutely recommend this restaurant and we will certainly let our European friends know, should they ever make their way to Australia.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently booked an overnight stay and dinner at Jonah's to celebrate my husbands birthday. We checked into our room which had the most incredible view I have ever seen from a hotel. Words cannot describe the breathtaking location and endless horizon outlook. Even in winter - it is amazing!
We drove five mintues up the roadspector iconic Palm Beach and played 9 holes of golf on the course that is bordered by Pittwater sailboats on one sude and the surf of the Pacific Ocean on its right - and incredibly - open to the public.
After indulging in our spa bath (with heated floors!) we floated up to dinner in the restaurant. This was not our first dining experience at Jonah's and I must say it even exceeded the wonderful memories of our previous visit.
We ordered the Harvey Bay Prawn tortellini, scallops, Cone Bay Barramundi and the Mill Hill Lamb. They were ALL amazing and the perfectly balanced flavours and portions. We even went for a dessert - which we rarely do - and were so happy we did! A Chocolate Souffle w a Baileys infused anglais and espresso ice cream - made to order - was utterly amazing!!
The service was faultless - everyone knew their stuff and were gracious, helpful and informative to a very high standard. The wine list is another story altogether - something like 1200+ entries - astonishing!
Highly recommended - a very special experience indeed

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had lunch at Jonah's on 5 August to celebrate family visiting Sydney from the USA.

The impression on entering the restaurant was stunning: tables nicely set, plenty of space between them, and the amazing view out to the ocean and the occasional passing whale.

The food more than matched the expectations raised by the initial impressions. I had an entrée of pork belly and black sausage, followed by a main of tiny baby lamb rump and shoulder, and a dessert of Granny Smith apple. All the dishes were excellent, as were those of the other adults. And the restaurant was very good in dealing with my 2½-year-old grandson, providing a high chair and rapidly providing a child-size serving of fish and chips.

However, the service was about the poorest I have ever received at a quality restaurant. Things started well, but the waiter did not remember who had ordered which dish, did not refill water glasses, had to be reminded to bring the ordered wine, brought the wrong dessert wines, and did not clear used glasses from the table. The glasses used for the appetiser cocktails were still on the table when the bill was brought.

Speaking with the manager, it seems that Jonah's usually has 7 or 8 diners on a Monday lunchtime, but this week that had blown out to almost 40 with some 25 making bookings that morning. The restaurant had to call in anyone who was available!

The cost for 4 adults and a child was just over $600, which I think is not unreasonable for this quality of food. Pity about the service.

GMJonahs, Manager at Jonah's Whale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank You for providing Jonah's with feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine and the amazing views.

I appreciate your feedback re service issues as it has identified a training shortfall which we have now been able to address with the relevant staff.

Please accept our apology and I hope that you will return in the future to allow us the opportunity to show you that the level of service you experienced is not indicative of the usual high standard at Jonah’s Relais & Chateaux .

Kind Regards
Mohan Deheragoda

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went mid-week as we understand it is very crowded on weekends. The serenity of the sea on a sparkling day combined with superb food and really great service made it a very special occasion. Driving to Whale Beach and eating at Jonahs is a very special outing.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been hearing from friends and associates for many years how fantastic Jonah's Restaurant was and on this occasion I can say I was not dis appointed.
In addition to one of the most stunning views you could imaging in you wildest dreams, high atop an escarpment looking east out to sea on a brilliant sunny Sydney day; we even had the chance to glimpse a whale breaching on its way past. Team that with a wine list that is extremely extensive, beautiful table setting, totally professional wait staff and very creative, beautifully presented and delicious food and you have a fair indication of a wonderful Sunday luncheon experience.
As you can imaging this situation is not cheap. However, for a fabulous experience or a very special occasion it would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
Tables at the window are highly sought after so if you really want one for a very special occasion I suggest you book well in advance. All tables have a wonderful view and there are even booths that are raised at the rear of the dining room to provide an uninterrupted view for a lovely, intimate dining experience.