“Never Disappoints!!”

The Village Tavern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2018

We visit this restaurant several times seasonally while in Maine and it never disappoints!!
We usually go early so we avoid a wait. We were seated right away and ordered drinks which were excellent. We skipped the appetizer as we have learned that we can never finish our meal if we eat an appetizer also. We suggest either an app and a salad or a salad and entree. My husband had the spinach salad and short ribs and loved both. I had the nightly special salad and pecan crusted cod which was so moist and delicious!! I ordered the roasted brussel sprouts as my side and would definitely get them again!!! Once again, this is great food and friendly service. If I had to name one negative it would be the sound when the restaurant is full -- but it's still worth it!!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

This was a second visit to this fantastic restaurant. We have been living in Florida and were seeing friends who asked where we most wanted to go...the very quick answer was The Village Tavern. The restaurant lived up to very high expectations from our last visit. The server Tye was delightful and attentive. Be sure to order the crab cakes, crispy outside filled with luscious crabmeat. Our Cesar salad was delicately dressed. The atmosphere is beautiful and open with art gracing the walls

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

My husband and I have been here together, and separately with friends, six or seven times in the last year, and it is always a treat. Creative cocktails, great food, good service. The only problem is the lack of reservations, so be prepared to wait for a long time to get a table. Hint: the tables near the door do not require a reservation, and you can also eat at the bar.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I have reviewed the Village Tavern a few times so this time let me cut to the chase. Duck!

I loved the entree special of the night, duck, a very succulent duck. It was made in a yummy sweet sauce with beautiful, crispy skin - just done perfectly and melted in my mouth. Duck is something I associate with a special occasion. What was special this night was the duck which three out of the four of us had. It was the most expensive item on the menu at $29.50 (Well, technically, it wasn't on the menu. At least, not on the written menu.) It was a very large portion composed of two leg quarters as my accompanying photo shows. I got the grilled vegetables as the included side and then I pigged (no offense animal lovers) out with a side of their crispy hand cut fries.

My wife ordered one of her and my favorites, linguini with pan roasted scallops, shrimp, and clams, which still remained on the favorite list when she was done.

I won't mention the yummy desserts because, remember, this is a review mainly about duck. I was a little disappointed with our waitress, who will remain anonymous and be given a pass, because perhaps she was overworked. After all, it was a busy Saturday night and we were there at the most popular time of 7 pm. However, she did forget to get my wife's Bloody Mary drink, my dessert (which the maitre d' quickly fixed), and to bring us more coffee.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

This is a great spot, the dinning options are great and have a gluten free menu. Everything came out perfect and was tasty, the lamb shank was perfect and my wife enjoyed the filet. The service was very good, it is a busy place and you may have a short wait but it is worth it.

Date of visit: March 2018