“Best restaurant and bar in town!”
Review of The Village Tavern

The Village Tavern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Looking for a great meal, reasonable prices and a touch of fine dining finesse? I am a local and a regular customer at the village tavern...it is the best restaurant in the Kennebunk region. I have not had a bad meal and their pastry chef and bartenders are great. Get there early -- long lines at dinner time! The bread is made with a longstanding recipe and it's unique and will keep you coming back!

Get the fresh relish for a burger and the brownie sundae is indescribably good. Divine...thank you for making such a lovely restaurant for the Kennebunks all year long! They have made West Kennebunk a lovely place to live!

1  Thank eatwell_bemerry

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I finally tried The Village Tavern after hearing such great things and reading fantastic reviews on trip advisor. Maybe I came on an "off" night. We got a table right away on a Saturday night. The restaurant was really nice inside and I loved the atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and friendly. We started with the chicken tempura which was the best thing we ordered. The batter was light and very crispy. I ordered the special of the night which was prime rib with the salt & malt vinegar fries. The prime rib was perfectly cooked but did not have any flavor. The fries were also tasteless. Our other entrée seemed very small. The salmon was slightly overcooked and there was minimal rice on the plate. In the future I would go back for drinks and appetizers at the bar which were reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Food was excellent, service was better than good but not great. I loved the scallops wrapped in bacon, not pre done, honestly the best I've ever had. They pour a good drink. Owner is right there overseeing the kitchen

1  Thank TS_family2013
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tried this restaurant on the suggestion of a relative. As visitors from out of state we are unfamiliar with many local restaurants. We tried it on a Sunday night and the food was excellent. Friendly staff at both the dining room and the bar. The food was so good we went back the next night with 2 other relatives. We braved a snow storm and icy roads to have another great meal.
On both visits the people we were with raved about the food.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The entire staff at The Village Tavern make you feel as part of the family.
No short pours on the drinks at this establishments; just like at home.
Food is first class. Short ribs and fish are outstanding. Soup of the day
is always a winner.

No reservations, so first come and first served, but there is always a break between
7:30 - 8:00 PM. You will not be disappointed.