“A Great new place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Alfred, Maine, United States
“A Great new place!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I finally got down there to dine. It is so popular now you have to show up 5:30 if you do not want to wait. This is midweek too. Once inside, we loved the decor and atmosphere. Warm and relaxing. Very good service. Sensible portions. I like the a la carte format for the sides. We had fun picking from the list. I had the grilled vegetables and the streamed broccoli with blue cheese in a great light sauce. There was no part of the meal we did not find wonderful. Modest prices as well. We will be back there again

1 Thank Carl F

HalesLocation,NH
“Fabulous dining experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

More comfortable as a casual dining experience. Superb menu selections presented by a totally experienced wait staff, most are the former professional servers from the now closed for the season, Cape Arundel Inn. The Chef and Owner is Rich Lamoine, an acclaimed, award-winning chef whose recipes have delighted many in the Kennebuck/Kennebunkport area for decades. His recipies continue to delight even the most discriminating palate. The menu selections at his Tavern cover a wide range of cuisine. The priciing varies from high-end to a more casual cost structure depending on what you choose for your meal.

The Tavern opens at 3 pm. My suggestion, arrive early as this restaurant is popular with the locals, and former patrons of the Cape Arundel Inn, so ARRIVE EARLY as parking can be a challenge.

Captain DL. de Wildt
Hale's Location, NH

Mass.
“Great New Place”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

New spot that opened in the last 45 days great out of town location, professional waitstaff, charming decor and ambience, great food, you can go cheaply or expensive whichever way you want. The food was well prepared, the portions were adequate, the only nit i can pick is a lack of parking. But if you have a popular spot sometimes there is nowhere to park except the street. Overall very enjoyable it is nice to have another great spot out of the Dock Square mess.

Hope, Rhode Island, United States
“BEST crab cakes EVER!!!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recently moving back to Maine & Valentines Day being my birthday I decided to give the Tavern a try based on a friends recommendation & a write up in the paper! It was busy because of the holiday & an hour wait, but who cares it was worth it!! For apps we shared the BEST crab cakes ever & the spinach salad with blueberry vinegarette! Crab cakes are NOT a regular menu item but they should be....coated with panko and broiled so they're not all nasty & greasy!! De-lish!!! Spinach salad was good too...light & refreshing! I had the chicken entree w/ steamed broccoli & blue cheese which was fantastic! My friends had the blackened salmon, delicious also & the tomato parmesan crusted haddock. Both fish were fresh & tasty! Their sides were ginger garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus & potato pancakes with blueberry apple chutney. Mashed were good, asparagus good but the potato pancakes are not something I'd ever order. For dessert we shared the carrot cake topped with rum raisin ice cream....once again YUMMY!!! Forgot to mention the bread was a sourdough with a light rosemary flavor...to...die...for!!! And warm out of the oven! Totally my kind of restaurant where everything is actually prepared fresh!! Definitely going back soon!

North Berwick, Maine, United States
“Hidden in West Kennebunk”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My hairdresser told me about this place and I've been trying to get there. Finally last evening my husband and I decided to go out for our anniversary (24 yrs.) I was so impressed with the restaurant - atmosphere, the feel, the service, the food, everything. I tried to take it all in. Parking is so tight around the area. Someone happen to be leaving. As with previous reviews, we sat in the bar area. Noisy but not too bad. Server was great! Friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered the Salmon and Scallops. Delicious! Awesome flavor, fresh vegetables, nice presentation. Being a server myself, I enjoy the entire experience. We ordered a bottle of wine which the server opened at the table, gave a taste. Love the little "candle" on the tables, nice touches all around. Definitely plan on going back!

1 Thank Ann S