“What a ride!”

U.S. Rafting
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located on the National Scenic Byway, just steps from the Dead River. The West Forks is the center of outdoor recreation in western Maine and attracts visitors each season who come to enjoy the area's many activities.Rafting trips include helmet, PFD, paddle, lunch, & guide! $129 a person and bring a tip for the guide.We can help you find camping or stay at our new location, "The Outpost"!We do birthday parties, bachelor & bachelorette parties, family reunions, kid's camp, and Boy & Girl Scout groups too!We also rent canoes and kayaks and offer over night camping trips and hiking trips.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my 7th rafting trip that I have organized. There are a lot of companies that go down the river. Anyone can do that. As a seasoned rafter of 26 years, Ihave rafted with many different companies and I think that US Rafting is definitely one of the best ones. Some companies just don't get how to have fun on the river at the same time. Our trip was exciting, thrilling and full of laughs. Our guide Allen was very professional and lunch back at camp was delicious and welcomed with hearty appetites. They have the entire process from planning to rafting down to a science. Look no further folks - US Rafting is the one for you!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"blast"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my third trip down the Kennebec river. This was the first time with US Rafting. Our tour guide was great, He was serious about safety but fun too. We were allowed to jump out of the raft and float with our life jackets on. It was a thrill a minute. US rafting took very good care of us. They were honest about what should wear so that we wouldn't be too cold. Our guide gave great directions and we had a great time. Our only disappointment was that we forgot to go look at our pictures afterwards and we have no proof that we were even there! Rats!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our (extended) family of 8, 3 adults & 5 kids (age 11,12,15,15 17) had a great time. The kids got to work together on the boat, & swim in the river. Our guide, Cory, was awesome! One adult was terrified, which we didn't know until on the river, and she ended up having had a great time - & we really hit 'Magic' good. From the check in process, safety instructions, walking the raft to the river (love! the raft slide) and finally on the river, rafting thru the rapids - it was awesome. Lunch was yummy and the kids enjoyed it too. We stayed up the street (approx 3 miles) in one cabin with 1 1/2 baths which was great for our family. The kids want to go back soon.....

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our first time for rafting, we had a great time even though the weather didn't cooperate, 62 degrees and rained all day. We were planning on getting wet anyway, but towards the end some of the people got cold even though we rented the full wetsuits. Our tour guide was great, brought snacks and wool hats to help stay warm. The first hour was great, but towards the end it was too slow pace (coasting/drifting) with no rapdis. I was informed that if we wanted more excitement, Dead River is the place to go. The longest part was checking everyone in, and gearing up which seemed to have taken forever. Food and company was good and the bottom line was that we had a good time.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Three adults and two kids went rafting down the Kennebec last weekend. US Rafting took care of us from beginning to end. We had tour guide, Ray and his son Nolan. With an 11 year old with us, Ray made sure that she was never in any danger - pledging he would go in if she went in... Not sure how I feel about that because then what happens to us?! But she was fine and we never had any issues (not a great paddler, but she had fun!)
There are 4 class 4 rapids, and a lot of 2's and 3's. my favorite part is being able to swim/float down the river after. I think I floated for 4 miles. So refreshing! We saw a bald eagle on our trip down, very cool!

They serve lunch afterwards - chicken, rice and beans. I would have liked something sweet for dessert as well but that's me :) everything was very good, especially after a morning on the river.

They take photos of you going down the river, I would have liked to see a few more or a video - I think we had about 8 shots of our boat. That's the only real thing that I would have changed.
I will definitely be back!