“Great Trip with Friends”

Magic Falls Rafting Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's fun, safety-conscious, value-priced whitewater outfitter on the Kennebec and Dead Rivers, offering trips May 1 to Columbus Day. Magic Falls base facility offers a campground with tent sites and cabin tents, a lodge with king, queen and bunk rooms (ADA room) and a restored farmhouse sleeping 16 for family groups who wish to have all the comforts of home. The base has the area's only outdoor climbing wall along with changing rooms and showers, half court basketball, volleyball, recreation pavilion and complimentary float tubes. Magic Falls is famed for its overnight "outback adventure" that include rafting, a hike to Moxie Falls, wildlife safari, tent camping and campfire meals. Magic Falls was the first to offer a double run of the upper Kennebec Gorge for action-packed adventurers and an upper gorge 1/2 day morning trip called "Cheap Thrills"
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my first time rafting. The drive to Maine for us was four hours and so worth it. First, let me say the staff at magic falls were friendly and helped us get an affordable cabin about 1 mile away. I explained to them I was not from the area and then she found us a cabin and made the reservation. We had seven adults in our group (two rafts). We booked the double gorge trip, we had a blast! I would suggest this trip for children as well as the boy scouts were in a raft behind us. Be prepared to exercise and row and burn calories, this was a great time hanging out with friends. Our guide was great and explained to us the history of the river! The guide also le us jump in the river and swim with the current for a bit! At the end of the day we went back to the lower end of the river and just swam and hung out. This is a great weekend trip and a great bonding experience. Also, there was no bugs on the river!!!!

1  Thank tamcorre

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My college roomate and I each brought our 2 kids (3 boys ages 15, 12, 12 and 1 girl age 16) to whitewater raft. It was the first time for all of us. We camped the night before and did the Kennebec trip the following day. Our guide was Chris (using the alias of Clyde on this particular day) who has 16 years of experience guiding on this river. We had a tremendous day--the rapids were thrilling, we jumped in the water and did alot of floating downstream, ours was the only boat with such a skilled guide that we were "surfing" alot, the guide was knowledgeable about the history of the river, he pointed out lots of wildlife including a bald eagle, sang songs, and even ate large flies (maybe too much sun?). All of the staff was energetic, welcoming, and fun. My friend and I agree it was a perfect trip and have plans to do it again. It takes alot to make teenagers sound enthusiastic, but mine are checking out the brochure for big release days and telling friends about how cool the trip and their river guide were. Thanks for a day we will always remember!

1  Thank Nora T
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We have rafted with Magic Falls for two years running and it is now an annual event. Dave the owner and his staff really go out of their way to make sure that each person has a great time! The staff are truly professionals who make safety their top priority! They also know how to make the trip fun!

Both times, we have booked an overnight package that includes 2 days, rafting (2nd day we rafted the the upper rapids and kayaked the lower rapids in inflatable kayaks), lunch (both days),dinner, breakfast, and camping accomodations (cabin tents). Their was plenty of food with choices that included steak, chicken, lobster, and vegetarian options. For the price, the package is unbeatable!

I highly reccomend Magic Falls to anyone who wants to raft in Maine!

1  Thank Knuckledrager40
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I went on a Magic Falls rafting trip with three other women, aged 60+ in search of a little excitement. We all had a great time, starting with an excellent breakfast. Our bus ride to the rafts was highlighted by our guide Nate singing rafting songs (popular songs with the wording changed) to get us in the mood. The first half of the trip had most of the rapids and was very exciting. I managed to fall out of the raft at one point, but the guides knew exactly what to do, and I was back in the raft in two minutes flat. The second half of the trip was more restful, and some of us did a little swimming. The day was punctuated by a barbecue. We each had our choice of entree, and the meal really hit the spot. I would definitely recommend a Magic Falls Rafting trip.

1  Thank daasher
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My brothers and a friend and I took the one day Kennebec trip on a high water release day.
For the cost, this trip is not worth it at all. I have 5 complaints - 1. we arrived on time and had to sit around waiting for over two hours while stragglers trickled in. 2. They charge you extra for any gear like spraytops, water shoes, wetsuits, etc... 3. The white water section of the run is very brief, followed by about an hour of flat water. 4. The guides were friendly enough through the trip, but as soon as we got to the take-out, they became very rude, standing around barking orders and conflicting instructions as we (the paying customers) bailed, deflated and stowed all the gear for them. 5. They advertised a delicious "Italian dinner" after the trip - turned out to be a giant pot of school cafeteria quality spaghetti and bottled water.

6  Thank wac78