Upon arrival we were a little leary of staying. The grounds and buildings were run down and non-inviting. (I will say that the pool area may have had potential). The front desk, so to speak ,was in a seperate building that offered no feeling of hospitality and a lack of information about the area. We were given a key and sent off to a rickety appearing 2 story building. The entrance to our room was from a cement floored 2nd story balcony that we reached by climbing a set of Dirty,UNEVEN(to the point of having to hold on to the rail) stairs. We were greeted by a plastic bucket full of discarded cig. butts next to our door. The room was dismal, cold and uninviting. The Final Curtain came when we found NO CURTAINS to give us privacy from the outside balcony that all guests(or whomever chose to climb the stairs) hanging from the sliding glass doors with a loose lock that I had to jiggle. Instead of curtains there were vertical slats hanging 3/4 of the way to the floor. When standing outside one had the pleasure of looking in the room even the slats were closed. We slept with a chair in front of the door!
Be CAREFUL of the telephone system also. It is not what it reads on the brochure in the room. After questioning why it was going to cost me $10.00 I was informed they had put in a "new" phone system.
We left at 7:30 in the a.m., NO ONE in the front desk building(building was locked). We followed the instructions to drop our key through the slot, left and won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the best value on the Southern Maine Coast! Pet Friendly and Kids Sleep for Free! Five acres of summer fun right on Route One. Basketball, shuffle board, tennis, large heated pool, outdoor fire pit, and outdoor movies. Free continental breakfast with freshly-baked donuts and apple fritters from Congdon's. A short 3/4 walk to Moody Beach or take an Ogunquit or Wells trolley to beaches and other attractions. Several types of rooms and suites with kitchenettes available. Come on in for a some Irish Hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Majestic Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Regency Motel Ogunquit
- Majestic Regency Wells, Maine