My family and I spent an overnight here in July. Family and friends who'd previously stayed there had described it as "nice" or "not bad." Here's what we thought:
1. Price - reasonable for peak season
2. Location - close to area beaches and within walking distance to several restaurants
3. Decent grounds - pool, tennis courts, fire pit, BBQ, picnic tables
Our room was dark, dingy, dated, and downright depressing. The lighting was poor, the carpet had not been vacuumed, the TV was old, and the room stunk. There was no shampoo provided and the bath towels were cheap and skimpy.
1. There was a hole in the bathroom door.
2. The door knob fell off the bathroom door.
2. A bug was discovered when the bed was turned down
Thankfully we only had to be in the room for a grand total of 8.5 hours, 8 of which were spent sleeping and praying for morning. We checked out as soon as day broke. We will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the best value on the Southern Maine Coast! Pet Friendly and Kids Sleep for Free! Five acres of summer fun right on Route One. Basketball, shuffle board, tennis, large heated pool, outdoor fire pit, and outdoor movies. Free continental breakfast with freshly-baked donuts and apple fritters from Congdon's. A short 3/4 walk to Moody Beach or take an Ogunquit or Wells trolley to beaches and other attractions. Several types of rooms and suites with kitchenettes available. Come on in for a some Irish Hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Majestic Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Wells
- Regency Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Regency Motel Ogunquit
- Majestic Regency Wells, Maine