“The best B&B Ever!”

Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was one of the fist B&B's we ever stayed at and Bill and Michael made us believers. They were so gracious and welcoming; filling us in on local activities, providing restaurant and bar recommendations, directions to great shopping and hiking.. outstanding. This is the place we will always stay when it's just the two of us.. still searching for the "perfect" place for our family trips to Maine for 11-15 or more....

Room Tip: All are beautiful and spacious!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A comfortable room and eggs benedict? YES! Bill and Mike run a wonderful B&B that is a perfect blend of restored 1800's quaint from when the home was built and modern creature comforts like internet access, a small refrigerator in the room, a very comfortable bed, and cable TV. Oh yes, warm cookies on the dining room table too.

We would stay there again in an instant. In fact, we will be back and soon I hope. Our hosts were warm and inviting. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast on the enclosed patio was relaxing and delicious.

When you stay, be sure to say hello to Snickers, a older Dachshund who is Mike and Bill's co-host.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I visited the Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast for an anniversary getaway. We had a wonderful time! Bill and Michael know exactly what it takes to be warm and attentive hosts and they deliver! We stayed one night in the Roosevelt room and one night in the Littlefield room. Each room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The breakfasts were filling and included a hot entree, warm pastries or bread, and fresh fruit. Bill and Michael were very willing to accommodate our dietary restrictions as well as give suggestions on where to visit in town. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Holiday House is what you wish every B&B would be, but so few are. This B&B is charming and very comfortable, but the icing on the cake are Bill and Michael, who run it. As soon as you arrive, you witness the love and attention they put into making this B&B, and your stay there, a great experience. The grounds surrounding the house are immaculately landscaped with beautiful flower beds and pots. The walk to the office leads you to the breakfast room, which is a glass-enclosed porch, is pretty and inviting and filled with natural light. This is the room where had great breakfast each day we were there. Bill is the primary cook, and served up four different and great hot breakfasts each of the four mornings we were there, ranging from blueberry pancakes with sausage to eggs Benedict. As someone who is not a big breakfast eater, but more of a bagel and coffee guy, there was not only lighter fruit and banana/coffee cake options for me, but Bill ended up buying bagels and peanut butter so that I could have my usual favorite breakfast while my wife enjoyed each of the hot full breakfasts each day.

Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The first rule of any B&B should be tat the bed and the breakfast are good. Holiday House was outstanding on both counts. The large queen bed was firm and very comfortable, especially for a guy my height, 6'6". There was flat screen TV, a separate day-bed area and fireplace. Since we came to Maine to get out of the heat, we were able to sleep with the windows open (screens in place of course). What a treat.

This whole experience was made so special because of Bill and Michael. They obviously love what they do, work very hard to make your stay a great experience and accomplish that goal. They were friendly, engaging and helpful, giving us all kinds of good ideas for things to do. We recommend anyone going to this area, even if you are not a B&B person, stay here and experience what a great B&B should be.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have just returned from my third visit to the Holiday Guest House. Every visit is better than the last if that is possible. Michael & Bill are very welcoming and they make you feel right at home. Each room is beautifully decorated and impeccably maintained. The location is perfect for taking long walks on a beautiful beach which is very close! The breakfasts are out of this world. The special plate of the day (which varies and is a work of art) is supplemented by home made coffee cakes and breads as well as fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juice. When you have breakfast in the beautiful enclosed sun room and you look at the lovely garden you feel so relaxed! The home made cookies on the dining table in the afternoon are an added treat not to be missed. There is no other place like the Holiday Guest House and I hope to return there again and again! Michael and Bill are the perfect hosts.

Room Tip: Every room is distinctly beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Last summer, we traveled to USA for 3 weeks, and we spent some days in Holiday Guest House last summer. Everything was perfect! The hospitality by the two owners was unbelievable! The house, the rooms are very romantic, very clean!
The weather was really hot and we could enjoy the clean and nice swimingpool also.The breakfast was something so special I have never seen and eat! They cooked delicious cakes also for breakfast like me or my mother:) absolute fantastic home-made cakes!
They hospitality was so kind and so friendly! I wish I will have opportunity to travel back at least once!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Holiday Guest House (May 15 and 16, 2013). Michael and Bill were extremely accommodating and made me feel "at home" during my stay. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my time there. The bed and breakfast is in excellent condition and the rooms were impeccable in décor and conveniences. I stayed in the West room which had a gas fireplace and large en suite. My favorite breakfast when I am on vacation was served to me my first morning - Eggs Benedict. It was absolutely delicious along with a generous portion home fries that were equally as good. Breakfast the next day was even better with "to-die-for" blueberry pancakes and sausages. I left Holiday Guest House relaxed and a little sad since I really enjoyed getting to know Michael and Bill (and Snickers, of course). The good news is that I can go there again on my next visit to Wells, Maine. My advice to people looking for something special When visiting Wells or Wells Beach is to stay here and then see if you can honestly stay anywhere else when visiting the area.

Room Tip: I like the second floor so the West Room was my choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Ogunquit River Inn
Mariner Resort
Mariner Resort
#16 of 36 in Ogunquit
Haven By The Sea B&B Inn

Been to Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!