“Seahorse Resort's Favorite”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Thanks Chris Varano - for the special Lobster Rolls made with love! Billy's Chowder House is on our Favorites list at the Seahorse Resort. Yesterday, we were treated to lobster rolls and hot French fries!! Last week we treated ourselves to lobster chowder which in our opinion is the best in New England. We can't help it, we love it and eat there at least once a week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We arrived at almost 9 for dinner traveling with children and there was a 20 min wait, we reviewed the menu while waiting and were able to order right when we sat down and it came super fast and everything was good, and it arrived very quickly. Service was good. Not amazing, but all bases covered and we were grateful for a fast hot meal after traveling.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stopped by on our way home from a Boothbay Harbor getaway. Seated by the marsh water view. Jessica was our waitress and was very attentive. My husband order clam chowder, was terrific, made the proper "New England style", with a milky not thick broth. Loaded with clams. Next he ordered oysters which are $1 a piece on Wednesdays and were also fabulous. Drinks were tall and delicious. I order a crab roll (I was suffering from lobster-overload) and my husband ordered fried clams. He said the clams were the best he had had in a long time, my crab roll was packed and also very good. Great service, great value and nice location.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Whenever I go by, there are tons of cars and people, so I must be the only one not excited about this place. Expect a long wait as there are tons of people. My meal of shrimp scampi was fair, and have no interest of ever going back.

2  Thank missjeepgirl
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Got to Wells around 8:00PM, checked into Hampton Inn and immediately set off for Billy's less than a mile away. This is my "go to" restaurant in the area although there are many other good choices. A bowl of lobster stew and order of steamers are just the ticket!! Sat at the bar with a combo of friendly locals and tourists and enjoyed my visit as usual. I stop in here once or twice a year and it's always good and dependable.

1  Thank MPB222

Been to Billy's Chowder House? Share your experiences!