“Sandy Chowdah”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I thought this was a joke when I ordered some clam chowder. I can not tell you how furious I was when I soon realized it was no joke at all. Don't waste your time with this place, the real estate they are placed on is the only reason they will continue to get customers who will soon learn about their special chowder recipe.

2  Thank Colin M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good food, always warm welcome, always our first night out in Maine. I love the Chowder, and the chicken wings. We will continue to return to Billys.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been going for awhile in Wells and I never really understood why Bily's parking is always full... to my perception, Billy's is just below an OK experience... not more... this September, we orderred Clam Chowder soup to take out and it cost us 22$ for 4... too expensive, unless it's charged by the weight because there was so much sand in it... unbelievable...

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We eat here whenever we are in Maine. the only problem is the parking but if you can get here for lunch or an early dinner you should have no problem. I had the seafood chowder several times and it was delicious . My husband had steamers and lobster almost every time. the wait staff is helpful and really hustles. We both have had the clam rolls and our only complaint is that there were too many french fries! The clam rolls were full of clams and cooked to perfection, almost too much food, however I hate to say it, but we did eat everything !

1  Thank arleens_stm
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Clam chowder thin, watery, and clams not chopped, just a few large chunks..not flavorful at all. Had onion rings, fried shrimp,
fries & coleslaw ( which was good). Nice view overlooking Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve.

Been to Billy's Chowder House? Share your experiences!