“Wonderful Place to Stay for a Vacation!”

Elmwood Resort Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Berkshires
“Wonderful Place to Stay for a Vacation!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We normally stay on the beach but our last minute plans brought me to Elmwood...
This "hotel" is actually a condo set up with individual owners basically renting out their units. This makes for a very personal setting and feeling. Our one bedroom suite had a living room, kitchen, bath and bedroom. Very nice set up. It was stocked with dishes, silverware and the like. The only way we figured out it was a condo was the note about making sure that if you visit another room, please bring the dishes back to your room.
The front desk was very nice and gave recommendations for restaurants and things to do.
The indoor and outdoor pools were available (although we didn't use them). just a short trip (2 miles) to the beach. Perfect location for trips to Kennebunkport and Ogunquit.
Well appointed hotel room and close to lots of activities and dinner options!

Room Tip: We had a room facting the rear and it was very quiet. However, all of the rooms are equally quiet f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingRhiannan
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
TravelingRhiannan,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

Scott DeFelice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Irwin
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed there the end of June. It was so beautiful and the staff are so friendly! Made me feel that they've met us before! I recommend anyone to stay there. I did not want to leave! Perfect location if you want to go to Ogunquit and Kennebunkport! The pools both outside and inside were so clean as well as the condo! Never have I ever been in such a beautiful, cozy resort. I must say, that I was worried because it sounded to good to be true when I made our reservations, but when we arrived there, I knew when we went into the office that we were going to be happy and we were! We will be back again and stay at the Elmwood Resort again and again!

Room Tip: Stay in room 101! Big screen TV in the living room, and decorated so beautiful! Plus, you have a kin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 400Cathy0
Irwin,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just stayed at the Elmwood for a long weekend in mid-July and had no issues with my accommodations. This was not my first time at this facility, as over the past decade my family and I have made numerous trips to Wells and the Ogunquit & Kennebunkport area, staying at numerous hotels in the region. The Elmwood has consistently met our needs and I would not hesitate to recommend the Elmwood for all types of travelers.

I tagged along with my family on this trip, my mother and father as well as my younger brother, and we stayed in a 2 bedroom condo, with my brother sleeping on the couch in the living room area. The room was clean and fit the 4 of us well, but having more people might push it. The master bedroom was nice, and the secondary bedroom was adequate with not as nice (smaller TV) than the bigger, upstairs bedroom. Having a kitchen and entertainment area, as well as 1.5 bathrooms makes things more like home than a standard hotel room.

The overall facility is nice and well kept, and the staff were all quite pleasant. The pools are well maintained, and I was surprised for a July stay that I got both the indoor and outdoor pools to myself at points, though obviously that's not the norm in summer. As for location, I've stayed in this area dozens of times and this is perfect for trips south to Ogunquit or north to Kennebunkport. It's situated in the middle of everything, and beaches 5 minutes away. Restaurants and bars are close, and there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street or a local place next door for morning coffee, etc.

The Elmwood is a little more expensive than some lesser hotels in the area, and I have no problem paying it for the location, cleanliness, and overall attitude of the facility and the great experiences my family and I have had here over the years. I plan on returning and look forward to it.

Room Tip: I would not try to fit more than 4 people into a 2 bedroom suite, though I'm sure some might try...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KevDough
KevDough,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family has been coming here for years. This was my first year staying at elmwood and I'm a picky person an it was the best place I've ever stayed. Rooms were clean everyday, an you could tell they were cleaned an not just touched up. They have one guy Carlton who is a great guy an does a good job an boy is he good with leaving surprises like towels made up like animals. The grounds were kept very clean an looking nice. Not like some want to be resort. Fridays an Saturday's they have movie night for kids an the family. They even have a sweet lady, Leeanne who makes popcorn for everyone. The pools were very clean an not cloudy an full of yucky things. Pool area was very safe for kids an had plenty of shad as well as music set real low for back ground noise. The office staff was great everyday they come out with freeze pops for everyone. They even come out twice a day and they don't just say "who would like a freeze pop?" they'll chat with you like they know you an make you feel right at home. They have grills for everyone to use an the rooms have everything you'll need for cooking an relaxing, you can even rent movies from the office. This was the best vacation I've ever had an I'm glad that I got to meet the staff an had a great place to stay...!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jeepboy33
Jeepboy,

New York
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is amazing, if you plan to be in or around Wells, Maine this is the place to stay. Our room was a suite,with a large living room, kitchen/dining and bed room. The rooms were very clean, with well maintaned grounds, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a perfect place to stay and you won't be disappointed on any level. Two pools and a BBQ area that are spotless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank caseyzNY
Caseyz,

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding up in Maine, and we brought our 3 year old son with us. It was perfect. The room as my son called it "his vacation home" was so clean and perfect. We never left the out door pool. I can not wait to go back!

Room Tip: I do no think there is a "bad" room in this place!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tmn615
Tmn,

Hillsborough, NH
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We are 5 adult married women who have been friends since junior high. I found this by accident and it was a gold mine. We stayed in a 2 bedroom townhouse (I understand they have a 3 bedroom also). It came to about $38 per person. We had a nice place to sit and talk, a tv in every bedroom with lots of stations. It was very quiet even though there was NO VACANCY. The beds were comfortable. Everything we needed was there. The indoor and outdoor pools were great. I can't say enough about this place. My friend just sold her Maine house and that is why we stayed here. This will now be our Maine getaway from now on. Can't wait to go back. Very nice people. Just a great experience.

Room Tip: I think any room would be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fransonbrit
Fransonbrit,

Scott DeFelice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Village by the Sea
#11 of 36 in Ogunquit
Gorges Grant Hotel
Gorges Grant Hotel
#2 of 36 in Ogunquit

Been to Elmwood Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!