“Good!”

Congdon's Doughnuts
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have a full-service dining room as well as take out area and a drive-thru. Our specialty is our homemade doughnuts like grandma used to make. We also have a wide selection of breads, pastries, muffins, mixes, and whoopie pies!!! We serve breakfast and lunch from 6am - 3pm. Open Thursday through Sunday weekly.
Woodside, Ca
“Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Congdon's is a yummy breakfast treat for fabulous donuts. During the summer, be prepared to stand in line, but the owner passes out samples while you wait--or take the drive-through option. The fritters are fabulous--try the fresh blueberry fritter or the chocolate chocolate---mmmmm. For my taste, the cake donuts were not as great. Be sure to specify "raised glazed" instead of "plain" or you'll end up with a cake donu.

New Jersey
“Good for you tummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have been going here for years now. You cant beat the doughnuts. The best I have ever had. Skip the Dunkin Doughnuts along the way and go here. You wont be sorry. Love the apple fritters.

Conway, NH
“Over 40 years as a customer...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

As a child we vacationed in Wells and I still remember the Silver Dollar pancakes that I so looked forward to! Over the years my family has continued to frequent this wonderful little beach community. And yes, in the summer the traffic is horrible! Deal with it! That is all you can do if you still want to enjoy the coast. Congdon's donuts are the best ever...that hasn't changed in 40 years. Best breakfast, my favorite is the Irish Benedict. Get there early, because if not you will have to stand in line. Don't worry, the lines move fast. Service is fast and friendly, try the counter if you are in a hurry. I always make a stop for donuts, breakfast or to buy an loaf of the best rye bread in Maine.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Doughnuts but traffic was horrible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Great doughnuts, have been for years and years and... However, we stopped in on our way out Saturday morning and it was mobbed. They needed a person to direct traffic it was so bad. You couldn't get in or out, traffic was backed up in the middle lane to turn in and you couldn't get around the lot to even try and find a parking space! A very long line in the shop too. I had to drive around and park behind people while everyone else went in.......just horrible to deal with!

Pennsylvania
“The Best Doughnuts and Coffee Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

The doughnuts and coffee are wonderful. I used to think Dunkin' Donuts had the best coffee but Congdon's has the best coffee. There doughnuts are fresh and fantastic. The Bavarian Creme is my favorite. If you go for breakfast, I would rate that average to below average. You can walk in or go through the drive-thru for donuts, or you can dine in. This is a family restaurant that has been around for generations. Definately have to stop here for their doughnuts!!

Been to Congdon's Doughnuts? Share your experiences!