“Over 40 years as a customer...”

Congdon's Doughnuts
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We have a full-service dining room as well as take out area and a drive-thru. Our specialty is our homemade doughnuts like grandma used to make. We also have a wide selection of breads, pastries, muffins, mixes, and whoopie pies!!! We serve breakfast and lunch from 6am - 3pm. Open Thursday through Sunday weekly.
Conway, NH
“Over 40 years as a customer...”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

As a child we vacationed in Wells and I still remember the Silver Dollar pancakes that I so looked forward to! Over the years my family has continued to frequent this wonderful little beach community. And yes, in the summer the traffic is horrible! Deal with it! That is all you can do if you still want to enjoy the coast. Congdon's donuts are the best ever...that hasn't changed in 40 years. Best breakfast, my favorite is the Irish Benedict. Get there early, because if not you will have to stand in line. Don't worry, the lines move fast. Service is fast and friendly, try the counter if you are in a hurry. I always make a stop for donuts, breakfast or to buy an loaf of the best rye bread in Maine.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Doughnuts but traffic was horrible”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Great doughnuts, have been for years and years and... However, we stopped in on our way out Saturday morning and it was mobbed. They needed a person to direct traffic it was so bad. You couldn't get in or out, traffic was backed up in the middle lane to turn in and you couldn't get around the lot to even try and find a parking space! A very long line in the shop too. I had to drive around and park behind people while everyone else went in.......just horrible to deal with!

Pennsylvania
“The Best Doughnuts and Coffee Around”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The doughnuts and coffee are wonderful. I used to think Dunkin' Donuts had the best coffee but Congdon's has the best coffee. There doughnuts are fresh and fantastic. The Bavarian Creme is my favorite. If you go for breakfast, I would rate that average to below average. You can walk in or go through the drive-thru for donuts, or you can dine in. This is a family restaurant that has been around for generations. Definately have to stop here for their doughnuts!!

Albany NY
“Unbelievable Breakfast & Donuts!”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We live in Upstate New York, and vacation in Wells, Maine each summer. Congdon's has been there for many decades, and its easy to see why! The food is always fresh, and the staff is usually friendly and efficient (many of them are young adults that return each summer to work here under the tutoring of the year round waitresses).

Breakfasts here are OUT OF THIS WORLD! My family eats here every single day when we stay in Wells. As a "treat", make sure to order a bowl of donut holes as an "appetizer" for the table while you wait for the breakfast to arrive! The donuts are always fresh and your favorite flavor might be gone by the end of your meal, so why not just eat them first?? (Goes great with coffee!)

The donut counter up front is always bustling, and the apple fritters and bluberry fritters are to die for! DO NOT think about counting calories if you eat here...the donuts are so good because they are not good for you...but that is the fun of vacation!

Prices on donuts are average; the breakfasts are a bit higher than in the diners we have in NY, but well worth it.

NY
“not pleased”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

My donut tasted like french fries..so I tried one of the others..that tasted like fried potatoes as well. My guess would be that they do not have a seperate fryer for just donuts..if that is so, they should consider it!

Been to Congdon's Doughnuts? Share your experiences!