“Amazing donuts”

Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We have a full-service dining room as well as take out area and a drive-thru. Our specialty is our homemade doughnuts like grandma used to make. We also have a wide selection of breads, pastries, muffins, mixes, and whoopie pies!!! We serve breakfast and lunch from 6am - 3pm. Open Thursday through Sunday weekly.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

They have a huge variety of homemade donuts, all of which are delicious and enormous. The bakery is where they really shine, but if you sit down for a meal their regular food is good, too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I come up to Wells every weekend and never leave without coming to congdons. I bring back the big whoopy pie for my co workers, and love the streusel!!!! The doughnuts are always so fresh and stuffed full with fillings unlike the other doughnut place just down the road. I prefer the coffee though of dunkins but the doughnuts and muffins and pastry is fabulous here at congdons.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

First time visiting Wells, had to stop to try the doughnuts. I had an awesome breakfast, their thick, crisp bacon was the best I've ever had. A doughnut came with the meal and I wasn't disappointed . Their honey doughnut put Dunkins' to shame. My only problem was I am currently watching what I eat, and couldn't bring myself to get a dozen for the road - I would have liked to try some different flavors. I will be back. Service was also excellent.

1  Thank Lonny M
Reviewed April 22, 2014

What a great place! From the friendly greeting on arrival to the endless coffee and those donuts....oh those donuts! Light, airy and full of flavor. We enjoyed a hearty breakfast that kept us going for the rest of the day! Bacon was thick cut, pancakes were excellent. Try the blueberry donut...yummm!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went on Easter morning. Had a nice breakfast. Rough start with no one coming to wait on us but once we were taken care of someone gave us some complimentary donut holes and pastries to try! Delicious! My husband loved the hash.

Been to Congdon's Doughnuts? Share your experiences!