“Best Donuts Ever”

Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We have a full-service dining room as well as take out area and a drive-thru. Our specialty is our homemade doughnuts like grandma used to make. We also have a wide selection of breads, pastries, muffins, mixes, and whoopie pies!!! We serve breakfast and lunch from 6am - 2pm. Open Thursday through Sunday.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When we lived in the Boston area we would drive for an hour just to get a Congdon's donut fix.
We are only here in the summer now but it is the first stop when we arrive and the last when we head back to Florida. The jelly donut filled with blackberry jelly is to die for. YUM! They do not skimp on the filling. All of their donuts are made fresh and the line is usually out the door in the summer. They have a take-out window, counter service and a full restaurant. We have eaten breakfast here many times over the years. Food is excellent, service is quick and staff is always pleasant. It is conveniently located on Rt.1 in Wells, ME, just a short drive from Ogunquit center.

1  Thank songbirdnaples
Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Congdon's Donuts is a must on our frequent visits to the Wells areas. The homey atmosphere, friendly service and great food are always consistent. The cinnamon donuts and whoppie pies are a treat to any sweet tooth. We highly recommend Congdon's Donuts.

Deb B

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was traveling with 2 friends last Friday afternoon and saw that Congdon's was still open. I turned in parking near the door. I told my friends, I would be right back.... A dozen donuts and 3 muffins later, I was in heaven eating a coconut chocolate donut while driving up rte 95. Soon both of my friends were joining to the local flavor. Best donuts ever made. Unfortunately for my diet, by the end of the day I had consumed 3 donuts. Best day of vacation. If your on Rte 1 in Maine, put 1090 Post Road on you GPS and smile!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When traveling through the area in August, my husband had a craving for a good homemade jelly doughnut. I had seen the Congdon's sign and suggested we stop in there one morning. It was a great decision to stop! We waited in line, but not for long. The staff were courteous and quick to wait on people. They obviously have had lots of practice! My husband got the jelly and buttercrunch doughnuts and I got the plain and cinnamon. They were scrumptious and most worth the wait! A month later and my husband is still talking about his jelly doughnut!! Packed with jelly! They had homemade breads and pastries...huge whoopie pies!! We will definitely be back for more when in the area again.

1  Thank Diana D
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have been fans of Congdon's for years now. But we finally got into the Maine Diner to see what the big deal was.. Sorry for crossing over Congdon's ! We regret the choice and were back at Congdon's the next morning where the service is awesome, food is hot and done the way you ask.. Congdon's will be our only choice for breakfast while we're in the Wells area.. Keep up the good work !!!!!!