“Great jelly doughnuts”

Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We have a full-service dining room as well as take out area and a drive-thru. Our specialty is our homemade doughnuts like grandma used to make. We also have a wide selection of breads, pastries, muffins, mixes, and whoopie pies!!! We serve breakfast and lunch from 6am - 3pm. Open Thursday through Sunday weekly.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is extremely crowded..be prepared to wait, even for
a to go order. Their doughnuts are so good. Their bread;
however is just okay. We did not eat breakfast there, just to go,
so I cannot rate the food or service.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place is nice but a bit pricey for the location. the food was good but nothing to write home about. The homemade toast was better than average but the donut was just average.. better than DD but we have donut shops near my home in fairfield county CT that has better donuts and breakfasts for a better price.

1  Thank RedYankee
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I dream of the delicious warm blueberry fritters that I cannot get enough of. My daughter said I should be ashamed of myself for eating two...but I wasn't! Breakfast is very good if you get one..or two...or three blueberry pancakes with your eggs (your choice). Good homemade corned beef hash too! See you next year! Closed Wednesdays.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

After reading reviews here I knew we had to stop at Congdon's Doughnuts during our trip to Wells. The breakfast was delicious, the service was awesome and we took a half dozen doughnuts back to our room that we all enjoyed later that day!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were told a 30 minute wait; turned out 1 hour and 15 minutes. My husband and I found our breakfast to be fine. Our 4 family members were disappointed. Omelets appeared to have been made with commercially made liquid egg product and were dry and more like a crepe. Wait overall not worth the disappointing end result.

2  Thank Betsy T